Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Default Labyrinth of the Minotaur: Escape from Darkness [Horror Game]

Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM

They added new screenshots.

Why does no one seem interested in this?

Just wondering.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Think the initial screenshots didnt tell you much. Feel free to try this one then !

Once i see a gameplay video i'll might give it a go
Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think the initial screenshots didnt tell you much. Feel free to try this one then !

Once i see a gameplay video i'll might give it a go

Ok I'll try it
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

^ please post impressions.

This looks interesting to be honest.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
^ please post impressions.

This looks interesting to be honest.
I will

...if it works on iPod 4.

If it doesn't play on my ipod 4, someone else might have to get it/post impressions.

But I hope it works...
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 PM

I have played it.

This has potential.

3 stars because:

-There aren't very many paths to choose from. You can end up waking down hallways for minutes before finding a new path which can make it boring.

-There aren't very many threats. Although there is a Minotaur chasing you the whole time, you can easily outwalk it.

-There needs to be more paths to choose from and there needs to be more monsters.

Overall it's not a bad game and the atmosphere looks great, but there needs to be more paths to choose from and more monsters.

The lighting is great, the walking is great. The sound is great. There is an analog stick on the left side to walk and you swipe on the right side of the screen to look around.

When you swipe, make sure you swipe, not hold down you thumb to look around. It might take some getting use to.

There is a The first trap I encounteed were a row of spikes the popped up up from the ground.

I haven't gotten too far, but there are probabally a lot more traps. (Edit: The only trap I have run into are the spikes. There will be more traps and maps added in future updates)

There are 2 modes:

(In both modes you carry around a torch while wondering the labyrinth [trying to find a way out?] The fire on the torch actually moves like real a real live fire)

-A chase mode

where a huge scary Scythe/axe weilding Minotaur (the one seen in the pic) chases/stalks you around (I'm not sure if it can run). You can get hit 4 times by the scythe (axe?) before you die.

-The other mode is the option to turn off chase mode and wander around the Labyrinth till you find an exit without the Minotaur chasing you.

There are 2 difficulty modes: Normal and Hard.

The sound is great.

If you turn around and the Minotaur is far behind, you can see its red eyes glowing in the dark.

It has a Egyption catacomb vibe to it which is pretty cool.

It can feel bit linear sometimes what I mean is the hallways are a bit long until you reach a 3 split path in which you choose a path.

If you end up lost, there is a button you can press that will send you back to the beginning of the maze where you can choose a different path.

Once you reach the exit a loading screen pops up and you end up above ground in a misty area and it says you have won/escaped the labyrinth (not those exact words)

I still haven't played hard mode yet. So it might be totally different than normal mode.

Edit: Everytime I play hard mode it crashes. Looks like I'm limited to normal mode.

There is only one iap: Ariadne's Thread and I have no idea what it is or what it does.

The only [small] flaw I noticed is when it's loading (on the loading screen) the sound cuts out, but once the game starts it works pefectly.

It has not crashed once.
Edit: It crashes when I press hard mode, but normal mode is fine.

This is worth trying out. It's still a fun game.

Device I used: iPod touch 4

If someone could post a video, that would be awesome since I can't find any on youtube and also don't know how to record iPod gameplay.

Last edited by TheEvilRobot; 08-02-2013 at 01:14 AM..