★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pivvot is a thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick, impulsive decisions.

As the game progresses, you will have to rely on your instincts and problem-solving skills to navigate down the winding path for survival. With its intensity, minimalistic design, and puzzling logic, Pivvot is sure to keep you guessing at every turn.

NINE GAME MODES
Voyage: Travel through increasingly challenging levels of obstacles
Endless: Survive as long as possible while the game gets progressively faster
Expert Voyage: Uncover new, more challenging obstacles
Expert Endless: Avoid the expert obstacles as the increasing speed tests your limits
Berserk: The ultimate challenge: chaotic, frenzied, and unrelenting
Random Endless: Like Endless but random and faster!
Random Expert Endless: Like Expert Endless but random and faster!
Looper: Do loops. Get points. Don't die.
Daily Challenge: You get one shot per day. Don't mess up!

FEATURES
Increasingly challenging gameplay with thirty different obstacles to conquer
Nine game modes
Procedurally generated path: every game is different!
Four custom-composed, high energy songs
Simplistic, minimalistic art style and gameplay
Universal support
iCloud syncing between devices
GameCenter leaderboards
Share replays of your game via Facebook, Email, or Twitter

"The game is undoubtedly worth its asking price and if you're looking for an arcade-style thrill that is instantly accessible, Pivvot is for you."
Mike Wehner, TUAW

"This game really caught me by surprise... This is an example of what I like to see in a mobile game."
Justin Davis, IGN

"Pivvot is one of the best games Ive gotten my hands on for this year so far. Its delightfully simple, catchy, and challenging, yet its so addictive youll keep coming back for more, even when it gets difficult."
Christine Chan, AppAdvice

"If you like minimalist arcade games with airtight controlsand you don't mind tearing your hair out from its rootsdo try Pivvot."
Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer

"I'm already finding myself trying, retrying, and then retrying again to make it just a wee bit further than my last run in Pivvot, so I think Whitaker is on to another winner here."
Jared Nelson, TouchArcade

Sanuku's comments:

07-31-2013, 05:23 AM
Was waiting for this one, but it had to be released on the same day as Knightmare Tower... oh well, will add to wishlist and wait for impressions...

07-31-2013, 06:20 AM
Ah.. so this is basically a minimalist arcade game reminiscent of a runner game. I like it.

EDIT: er... i watched the first 4 minutes of the video... Is it the same soundtrack in an infinite loop? Coz that'd be weak.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
EDIT: er... i watched the first 4 minutes of the video... Is it the same soundtrack in an infinite loop? Coz that'd be weak.
Well, there is only 4 songs...

Anyway, different games every time...nice
07-31-2013, 08:16 AM
This looks great! I can't wait for the USA release!
07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
I want to play this game!
Just a few more hours...

Vist: http://robotstring.com for news!
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Forgot about this. After Super Hexagon and Impossible Road, this seems kind of...tame, I guess? But that's just my impressions from the videos
07-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Any more impressions of the later levels? How difficult does the game get?
07-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey guys, dev here!

Check out this "let's play" video by bisnap. It gives a pretty good overview of all the modes! There's a lot of variety in music and style throughout the game, and it definitely gets very hard. http://youtu.be/1zx6aXAxdU0
08-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitakr View Post
Hey guys, dev here!

Check out this "let's play" video by bisnap. It gives a pretty good overview of all the modes! There's a lot of variety in music and style throughout the game, and it definitely gets very hard. http://youtu.be/1zx6aXAxdU0
Ha, nice. Guy could barely last two seconds on Berserk, that's a good sign. Don't want to seem cynical but how exactly does Pivvot differentiate from a game like Super Hexagon? The many modes is definitely the main aspect I see.

Also, that video showed PC gameplay. Is there a demo online? Would love to play before buying. I enjoy these kinds of games but 2.99 is kind of steep for me right now and I'm interested in some other games as well