App description: "A brilliantly well put-together labour of love, Kid Tripp will have you gnashing your teeth & screaming with joy." PocketGamer 9/10

"If you're looking for a lighthearted, challenging afternoon of fun, look no further than Kid Tripp. It not only offers up a charming world that feels familiar, yet different, but it also puts your platforming skills to the test with pixel-perfect touch controls." Destructoid 8/10

"Quite simply, this is the finest platforming experience you can buy now on iOS" - Save/Continue 9/10

"Tough as nails, but tight as a drum, Kid Tripp brings the thrills of old-skool platforming to the auto-runner genre." - AppSpy 4/5

"If youre a fan of old-school platformers, and love a challenge, then I highly recommend that you pick this up." AppAdvice 5/5

"If you're up to the challenge, Kid Tripp is a sometimes brutally hard, yet incredibly rewarding little platform runner." TouchArcade 4/5

"Those who love speed running in other games and mastering perfect runs should absolutely delight in Kid Tripp." Gamezebo 4/5

"The level design and soundtrack make you feel like youre playing something on your old NES. Kid Tripp is right up there with some of the other great retro titles out there like Meganoid and Mikey Shorts." Arcade Sushi 8/10

Run and jump your way through 20 levels of intense platforming madness in this tough-as-nails platformer! Have you got what it takes to help Kid Tripp escape?

Super challenging, fast paced platforming action.
Elegant controls: tap on the left to jump, tap on the right to throw a rock, and hold down on the right to sprint.
Silky smooth 60 frames per second.
Twenty levels, four awesome worlds.
Old school soundtrack from Chris Kukla.
Game Center leaderboards and achievements.

View the trailer now at kidtripp.com!
Follow @KidTrippGame on Twitter!

Sanuku's comments:

07-31-2013, 07:00 AM
This looks great, seen the videos for this, a lot of fun. Part of me does (yeah you know whats coming !) wish it had a left button so you could explore etc but i know its meant to be an auto-running type game.

Love the graphics, instant purchase later tonight

07-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Easily one of the best games on iOS. Check out the upcoming thread for my impressions (among others). Love this game to bits and pieces and would buy it every day for the rest of my life if I could.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Does it have relative touch controls? Tee hee...
07-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Cool game but it's brutally hard. I haven't finished it although I spent 3 hours with it and I died at least 1000 times

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Cool game but it's brutally hard. I haven't finished it although I spent 3 hours with it and I died at least 1000 times
I thought that was 774 Deaths

Dang another must buy. Another expensive week it seems.
07-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I thought that was 774 Deaths
Really? I thought that was Super Meat Boy

I can has more Super Hexagon/Boson X-esque games?
07-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey all, I'm the developer. If you've got any questions feel free to shoot them at me! Really excited about the game's launch and the feedback I've gotten so far.

Edit - Here's the trailer.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by pixelpowa; 07-31-2013 at 09:24 AM.
07-31-2013, 08:40 AM
A very good mix of platforming action and runners. Got a promo code and I like it quite a lot: great pixel graphics, music, controls (shoot and jump), GameCenter, small(est) file size, ... Its also Unique. Gets an A from me.
07-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpowa View Post
Hey all, I'm the developer. If you've got any questions feel free to shoot them at me! Really excited about the game's launch and the feedback I've gotten so far.
This looks really good, and it's always great to have the dev in our forums. But since you asked, I do have few questions:

* what are the device requirements?

* any iAPs? If so, what are they?

* is the .99c price a release sale or what?

Thanks!