Originally Posted by squashy
This is a tower defense game? Looks boss!
Yeah it's a tower defense. Here's a few notes:
- Its set in the Caribbean across very different landscapes (Tropics -rain forest, Urban Pirate Town, Forts\Cliffs, Cannibal Swamps, Undead & Mystical Temples)
- You can build 20 different towers types. Towers have a very organic feel.
Example: (Nitro filled Puffer Fish tower, Harpoon Shark Hunter, Sea monster...etc )
- You gotta protect the pirate ship. That ship has its own guns (long range) that you can aim manually 360° around it.
- You can hire island natives and pirates in some levels that patrol the map joining in the fight for you.
- There are currently 4 hero 'Flying Aces' planned for launch. They strafe player defined target areas and upgrade their weaponry during combat etc..
- In some levels you have secondary objectives off the main path which require you to capture loot convoys and steal treasure (Whiskey, Diamonds.... pandas!).
- Lots of player activated powers like Pirate Ship Bombard, Kraken (sea monsters), Twisters, Rocks from the Deep, Turtle drone cannons... and a few other wacky things.
- The visuals are a very strong feature of the game 30+ super detailed enemies & bosses set in very lush environments.
- Some maps have rivers that can propel enemies forward or slow them down in some cases.
- As its set on water we've used a water shock-wave system to push enemies about and it feels very natural when a shark jumps out of the water beside bad guys and the splash pushes them in all directions. The player can use the shock-waves to push enemies back and its a big part of the strategy of the game.
Hit me up with any questions you guys have