Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to mgmario
Default Zombies 28 days before (Universal)

Hello everyone,

This is a universal version of our new brand game Zombies 28 days before. Keep secure the girl and try to survive for 28 days against the zombies menace. You have the chance to adquire guns to improve your work.

Please, feel free to comment about this game. Your opinion is very valuable for us.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

So is it a dual-stick shooter, basically?

I'm not much a fun of dual-stick shooters, so I may be biased, but those screenshots do not inspire confidence in your product. It looks like you run around just a grassy field and kill copy/paste zombies that could be made as ClipArt in Microsoft Word. The main menu looks quite bland as well... honestly it looks like the whole game is kind of a wash with muted colors and not much to offer that makes me go, "Wow, that game looks fun!"

The name also gives a bad impression, as it reeks of someone trying to profit on the 28 Days Later name, but making it just different enough that they won't get sued by Danny Boyle and Co.

I don't know... that's my impression of the whole thing, just from a surface-level perspective. Do you have any gameplay videos to show us that might make naysayers like me want to try it out?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to mgmario

Hello Masterchief, thanks for your honestly opinions. Yes, it,s basically a 2d shooter, i have some ideas to implement on next upgrades. Basically I'll try to do a Robotron 2084 style. Here a video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3W1aahQJWI
Old 08-02-2013, 02:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmario View Post
Hello Masterchief, thanks for your honestly opinions. Yes, it,s basically a 2d shooter, i have some ideas to implement on next upgrades. Basically I'll try to do a Robotron 2084 style. Here a video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3W1aahQJWI
You're welcome I've been told I can come off a bit harsh, so I'm sorry if I offended you.

Thanks for the video. It helps a lot with understanding this concept. Though I'm still not sure there's much here to put it ahead of the competition. The bones that spill out of the zombies: are those used to buy upgrades? Or is it just a visual representation of a kill?

I was thinking you could do something interesting with those bones: make them into objects that actually affect the other zombies. A chain reaction type of game. You shoot a zombie, they blow up, then the bones wave reaches the zombie next to them and blows them up, too! Does that make sense?

For that to work, though, and for it to be fun, I think you need to change the assets you're currently working with. For chain reaction games, at least for me, what makes them super satisfying is when they are vibrant and multicolored. Take a look at Sneezies on the App Store for what I'm talking about. I think there's a free version. It's simple, but so fun!

And if you do a chain reaction type of thing, that could open the door for varied scores for everyone. It looks like it is just a fixed amount of points you can get right now. But the chain reaction could be a great way to raise a multiplier and set a score that's much more different from your friend's.

Those are my suggestions. I'm not too familiar with game development, so I can only give you opinions from a player's perspective, but hopefully I gave you something to work with. I just have to be honest that your game in its current state will not grab the attention of a wide enough audience for it to be worth developing.