Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-05-2013, 02:30 PM

Default How much does price affect which games you buy?

This is what I mean.....

Say you bought XCOM at $20 and absolutely love it... You play it a ton. Now let's say your favorite all time iOS game is Kingdom Rush.... And you play that a ton..... Knowing that you love KR more than any other game, even XCOM, would you have been willing to pay $20 for it?

Feel free to sub any games you like. And of course the scope of these games is entirely different.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
This is what I mean.....

Say you bought XCOM at $20 and absolutely love it... You play it a ton. Now let's say your favorite all time iOS game is Kingdom Rush.... And you play that a ton..... Knowing that you love KR more than any other game, even XCOM, would you have been willing to pay $20 for it?

Feel free to sub any games you like. And of course the scope of these games is entirely different.
I find that I'm generally not willing to pay much for mobile games. XCOM, Final Fantasy, and other apps around that price point might be absolutely amazing, but I just don't enjoy gaming on my mobile devices enough to drop that kind of money on a game. If it's REALLY good, I might pay around $5.00, but I personally wouldn't go much beyond that.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

It doesn't. Price might only affect when I get the game.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

In the case of X-Com, I wouldn't spend $20 even though I like the game, because it's a slightly inferior version of the one I can get on other platforms for around the same price. If it was equally as good, I'd want to pay a small amount less (as I already own it), but buying a second time AND the missing features/graphical & performance downgrades calls for a bargain.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
In the case of X-Com, I wouldn't spend $20 even though I like the game, because it's a slightly inferior version of the one I can get on other platforms for around the same price. If it was equally as good, I'd want to pay a small amount less (as I already own it), but buying a second time AND the missing features/graphical & performance downgrades calls for a bargain.
Exactly.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Isn't it around $40 for the regular consoles?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

There's only one game I would pay $20+ for. That game is - Streets of Rage: Remake.

That game is on my PC & CAANOO.

It was in development from 2003 until 2011. SEGA are aware of it, and pulled it from the main SORR site.

U highly doubt it will come to App Store. BUT there is hope! The program in which it was written in (Bennugd) has been ported for iOS & other platforms recently last month!

Hope this means someoe will port SORR to iOS through Cydia for Jailbroken devices

8 years in the making. Best. Game. Ever. IMO
Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBaby86 View Post
Isn't it around $40 for the regular consoles?
I bought it for $30 new, but I've been seeing it recently on sale for less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
There's only one game I would pay $20+ for. That game is - Streets of Rage: Remake.

8 years in the making. Best. Game. Ever. IMO
I don't think I'd stretch to best game ever, but possibly the best fan remake I've ever played.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I bought it for $30 new, but I've been seeing it recently on sale for less.

I don't think I'd stretch to best game ever, but possibly the best fan remake I've ever played.
Yeah, but I am sure pretty soon the ios XCOM will be on sale too for $10.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It does affect me quite a lot, because I always contemplate whether to buy the game now or later, since if it goes on sale I can save money. In addition, if I buy it now, it seems like I am making a bad call. I think if developers wanted to sell an IOS app/game at a high price, they should keep their pricing consistent, so it is fair on early adopters, etc., who pays you the full price. This should apply for other developers as well: 1. Set a reasonable price 2. Keep the pricing consistent 3. Reward early adopters/ hardcore fans 4. avoid annoying IAP, reasonable IAP (that doesn't require to complete the game) is acceptable.

I understand that many developers try to pay their bills, etc. and they wanted put game on sale to boost the sales, but this actually discourage hardcore ios gamers (with limited budget) from adopting the game early. Of course there are people with really high budget who can pay full price for any games, but 90% of people don't belong to this category.