★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The game tells the story of a woman who has to face all the important memories of her life by going though several distorted stages full of enemies, which symbolize the fragments of her past that have come back to haunt her. Our heroine must try to survive those nightmarish worlds by evading the enemies chasing after her and overcoming all the obstacles that stand in her way. She cannot fight back, she can only flee. But with the clever handling of dimension changing, and the several resources she is provided with, she can hold the monsters back and get to the end safe.

The Lite version contains one stage of the game. If you liked it, be sure to check the full one!

Sanuku's comments:

Past Memories Lite: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/past-memories-lite/id672516898

08-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Really looks and feels like limbo..hmm.....

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

08-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Runner game?

Game Center ID: copaeci
08-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Auto runner? Endless?
08-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Hello, guys! I'm Give me Five's General and Creative Director. First ofall, thanks fr the interest!

To answer your questions:

PAST MEMORIES is a game about a woman who has to go through her important memories. It's not an endless runner. It has levels and a story told by the environment. But, if you don't care about the story, you can just play. No cutscenes or dialogues.

We were inspired by LIMBO, but, as you can see in the 4th screenshot, there's a change of dimensions. It not only changes the game visually (what's back turns to white), but also some enemies and obstacles. So, for example, the little ghost you see in the last image (dark dimension) turns into the vulture (light dimension). Of course, the ghost doesn't collide with platforms, but the vulture does, so you should use your own strategy for that.

The change of dimensions also stops enemies that are chasing you. See, you can't fight enemies, only run from them. However, you can use the change of dimensions and items to help you and also some level design strategies t create more distance between you and them.

There are also collectables, which are small fragments in color that represent the character's memories. As a gameplay aspect, they are completely optional and help you get a better score in the end.

You can see our teaser trailer and a gameplay trailer (with subtitles). In a few hours from now, we're going to release the launch trailer too. I hope you like it and, please, give us your feedback! It's going to be used for the new content we are going to develop in the future.
08-07-2013, 09:55 PM
If TA reviews this any higher than a 3, I'm going to be very surprised. Maybe even a bit annoyed.
08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Just a quick note...this game is not Universal as stated in the thread title.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-07-2013, 11:28 PM
The animation transitions look janky. I'll wait for impressions or a full review.
08-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Really looks challenge game, instabuy.
08-08-2013, 01:45 AM
No love for the iPad?

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)