★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games with depth that keep you hooked

08-07-2013, 03:11 PM
#1
Games with depth that keep you hooked

Hey guys I get bored with games very quickly from adventure to rpg to action to racing...etc etc. Just would like to know what game kept you hooked and kept that ios device glued to your hands. Thanks
08-07-2013, 03:27 PM
#2
There was "this" 3D MMORPG that kept me hooked for 2.5 years... Luckily the devs nerfed the game completely and so I lost interest in it... I also spent/wasted more than 200$. It was a real addiction. And the saddest part is that I never even hit the level cap...
I'd rather not name it.

I also played Eliminate pro (best online FPS) for a year, but unfortunately the player base suddenly disappeared.


Other non-mmo games were Heroes & Castles (multiplayer 1v1, specifically), Organ Trail and COD WaW Zombies.

Last edited by Primoz; 08-07-2013 at 03:34 PM.

08-07-2013, 03:31 PM
#3
Gangstar Vegas
Modern Combat 3
Asphalt 7 : Heat
Mikey Shorts
Worms 2 : Armageddon
08-07-2013, 04:07 PM
#4
Beat hazard cause it has such a good music visualizer has from day one always been a game I play once in awhile.
08-07-2013, 04:17 PM
#5
- Penumbear - 100 levels, hidden areas, tough platforming
- Mage Gauntlet
- Fantastic Contraption 2
- Trainyard
- Super Hexagon - maybe not the deepest, but so addictive, had me hooked for days
08-07-2013, 04:42 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
There was "this" 3D MMORPG that kept me hooked for 2.5 years... Luckily the devs nerfed the game completely and so I lost interest in it... I also spent/wasted more than 200$. It was a real addiction. And the saddest part is that I never even hit the level cap...
I'd rather not name it.

I also played Eliminate pro (best online FPS) for a year, but unfortunately the player base suddenly disappeared.


Other non-mmo games were Heroes & Castles (multiplayer 1v1, specifically), Organ Trail and COD WaW Zombies.

So how is Organ Trail...looks pretty cool any impressions?
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Gangstar Vegas
Modern Combat 3
Asphalt 7 : Heat
Mikey Shorts
Worms 2 : Armageddon
Beat Mikey Shorts which is definitely a favorite of mine and worms 2. Did you like gangstar Vegas? It's been pretty tempting to purchase
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannthamann View Post
Beat Mikey Shorts which is definitely a favorite of mine and worms 2. Did you like gangstar Vegas? It's been pretty tempting to purchase
Mikey hooks and worms 3 are coming tomorrow.
I liked gangstar Vegas but I wouldn't recommend it because it has no replayability, once you finish the story you just get boring side missions . However it is on sale for $4.99 so it may be worth it.
08-07-2013, 09:26 PM
#9
Mikey Shorts
True Skate

SPACE MINER, THE BEST IOS GAME

Galaxy On Fire 2
08-07-2013, 09:29 PM
#10
xcom - one of the best turn-based strategy game on the platform