Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Dungeons & Dragons: Lords of Waterdeep (By Playdek)

Quote:
Kotaku reports Dungeons & Dragons: Lords of Waterdeep has two to five players battling for control of the titular city, one of the major locations of the Forgotten realms setting.

Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons publishing and licensing head Liz Schuh said Playdek was the obvious choice to bring the best-selling boardgame to life on tablets.

“Their experience shipping titles like Ascension and Agricola prove they know how to bring board games to life on the tablet. From a solid tutorial experience to intuitive design for asynchronous and pass-and-play gameplay to creating a fun achievements system, their passion for the original game will mean a faithful rendition of Lords of Waterdeep, optimised for tablet play,” she said.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/dung...eaded-to-ipad/
Old 08-16-2013, 12:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Omg! I own this boardgame and it is a fun awesome resource management game! This is a day one buy for me! Such a fun game!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

D&D and Playdek, nice! I look forward to seeing this.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 PM

The only bad thing with Playdek is that they rarely fix bugs once an app is out, sadly. And even getting a reply back, barring automated response, is next to impossible.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofunguy View Post
The only bad thing with Playdek is that they rarely fix bugs once an app is out, sadly. And even getting a reply back, barring automated response, is next to impossible.
I could not disagree with this post more.

Use support@playdekgames.com if you have problems in the future.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
I could not disagree with this post more.

Use support@playdekgames.com if you have problems in the future.
Sorry, I have been using that email address time and time again. Zero response back on everything,,and yes, I check my spam folder as well. I am not alone in this either.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I can't speak to their customer service, but the games they make are flawless. What bug are you referring to? I've played several thousand games of Ascension and don't recall ever experiencing a crash or having rules not enforced. I'm not saying there are none, I just haven't see one. What bugs have you seen, I'm genuinely curious?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

It's due out this month! I am really looking forward to it. I own the board game and it is one of my favorites. But I'm also a little hesitant. To be honest I have pretty much stopped playing board games on my iOS devices. I have found that they tend to burn me out on the games and then I don't want to play them at all, real world or not. There's something to be said for NOT playing a game constantly. Still, I will buy this and hope it doesn't kill the magic for me….

I will probably not play asynch at all. Asynch is the worst as far as burning me out is concerned. There is live play, so I will take advantage of that.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

yeah, well, one more disapointment in the likes of ultima, d&d arena, dungeonhunter 3 etc, and i wont buy another ios game unless it clearly states it is created by an indie or team of indies.

enough is enough of slaughtering good concepts for pure greed. I'll keep the faith up one last time though
Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Playdek started as an indie company and through making great games became a big developer. Or are company's only cool if they are indie and release crappy games and never make money.