• Publisher: Lionel, LLC
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 228.0 MB
  • Version: 1.12
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *IMPORTANT* Lionel Battle Train requires iPad 2 or newer to work.

THE NEW BADLANDS
When roads are a distant memory, people again depend on trains for their very survival. Only the Lionel Delivery Company is tough enough to brave the challenges and defend the railway from ruthless bandits!

HEROES AND VILLAINS
The Citizens depend on the Lionel Delivery Company to protect the vital goods that make their lives possible. But now a villainous group of bandits, controlled by the evil Dr. DeRaille, has descended upon the railway, intent on stealing supplies and wreaking havoc on everyone. Its up to YOU to keep your cargo safe and ensure the survival of the New Badlands. Great service and reliability have been the hallmark of the Lionel Delivery Company for generations. Its now your turn to prove yourself in the face of obstacles and uncertainty.

Help uphold the Lionel legacy!

GAME FEATURES
Take command of your favorite Lionel model train!
Choose from the General, Santa Fe FT Diesel or the New York Central Flyer.

Charge through 3 unique regions and 19 exciting Story Missions! Can you defeat Dr. DeRaille?
From the lush prairie to the rugged mountains, experience the rails like never before!
Strategically upgrade your trains weapons and armor to meet the perils of each mission.
Dodge and blast through menacing RoboCars that threaten your mission!
Go on endless adventures in Side Missions!
Collect cargo and battle your way through treacherous terrain and cunning enemies for high scores and achievements!
Challenge your friends with Game Center Achievements! Do you have what it takes to rule the rails?
Incredibly fun, just-one-more-mission, endless game playwith a twist of nostalgia!
----

PLEASE NOTE! Lionel Battle Train is free to play, but it contains items that can be purchased for real money. You can toggle these purchases on/off in the "Restrictions" menu on your device.

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

08-16-2013, 12:41 PM
i made this thread, BTW. this looks pretty cool IMO.

08-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Downloading now. Very curious about it!
08-16-2013, 06:21 PM
^Same here. Gives me a Shellrazer vibe off it, and i loved that game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
This makes me think that this is a ripoff from another game... can't think of the name though

Last edited by pka4916; 08-16-2013 at 06:58 PM.
08-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Looks interesting, it's worth a try.
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
The game is good, but the difficulty jump from story mission 4 to story mission 5 is ridiculous. Imma try farming side missions first, see if that helps. Farming of completed story missions is close to being totally useless as you get 30-50 coins each run, and better weapons start at 1000.

If the difficulty jumps like this this early in story mode, i can only imagine a huge paywall farther into the game.

Also kinda awkward having to swipe with two fingers to switch tracks. It works, but awkward.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
This makes me think that this is a ripoff from another game... can't think of the name though
It looks a little like that upcoming halfbrick game but nothing else I can think of.