★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shadow Vamp - A sunny vampire tale by Gamesmold

08-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Shadow Vamp - A sunny vampire tale by Gamesmold

It's been one year now since Blood Roofs came out, and finally my new game is very close to finished:

Shadow Vamp will feature a unique kind of gameplay, based on amazing 3D realtime shadows powered by the Unity engine.
Get ready for a major sunburn!

Coming very soon to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Thomas

www.shadowvamp.com
www.gamesmold.com
08-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Let me be the first to say that...

...this looks awesome!

Great game design, great game idea! Really looking forward to this.

08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post

...this looks awesome!

Agreed.
08-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Wow this looks really nice. And blood roofs was really good too. Ill be picking this up.
08-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post

...this looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed.

Thanks a lot!
08-17-2013, 04:30 PM
From the maker of Blood Roofs... I cant say no to this!

And right now, i can say that THIS IS A BRILLIANT CONCEPT!

Basically you can control where the sun casts the shadow, and you have to move your character only through the shadows. That's the basic gist of the game right? And there are stuff like sunscreen to help out get from point A to B.

From the looks of it, this is another instabuy!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 08-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.
08-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Wow this looks really nice. And blood roofs was really good too. Ill be picking this up.
Thank you!
I wanted to create something different this time. And though it was much more work creating the levels this time, I still had a lot of fun making this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
From the maker of Blood Roofs... I cant say no to this!

And right now, i can say that THIS IS A BRILLIANT CONCEPT!

Basically you can control where the sun casts the shadow, and you have to move your character only through the shadows. That's the basic gist of the game right? And there are stuff like sunscreen to help out get from point A to B.

From the looks of it, this is another instabuy!
Yes, that's the concept. Actually, you rotate the entire playing field (that's why you can see the far backgrounds moving) to get the shadows in the right place.
I found it really amazing what kind of tricky combinations you can do with this!

Thanks for the great feedback!
08-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Nice to have you back Thomas !

I was waiting for your announcement since end of june. Finally a sign.
And what a sign this is, omg. Looks brilliant and my money is ready !
08-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesmold View Post
Thank you!
I wanted to create something different this time. And though it was much more work creating the levels this time, I still had a lot of fun making this game.

Yes, that's the concept. Actually, you rotate the entire playing field (that's why you can see the far backgrounds moving) to get the shadows in the right place.
I found it really amazing what kind of tricky combinations you can do with this!

Thanks for the great feedback!
Ah.. That makes a lot more sense than controlling the sun. Doh!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Still need to play blood roofs. It's in my backlog so ill pick this one up too on launch