★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: #1 iPad Racing Game in 40 Countries!

Race in high powered V8 muscle cars from classic era to modern day. Highly realistic physics, audio, car handling and performance set this game apart.

Compete in career mode where you can experience a real racing career. Start off with a small amount of money to purchase a car and enter into organized series events. Winnings from the races will allow purchase of more cars, repairs and performance upgrades. Build your way up to compete in elite series events.

Modify your car by purchasing upgrades for performance and see exactly how each type of upgrade specifically improves the power and torque of the engine on a dyno chart. Purchase upgraded transmissions for faster gear shifts. Purchase better tyres for increased grip and road handling. Purchase weight reduction for better handling. Purchase suspension setups that lower the car and improve the handling from a lower center of gravity.

megaderek's comments:
We've finally updated our racing game for iPad and included all of the extra cars, tracks and gameplay modes. We have also done a major overhaul of the graphics engine.

08-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaderek View Post
We've finally updated our racing game for iPad and included all of the extra cars, tracks and gameplay modes. We have also done a major overhaul of the graphics engine.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/driving-speed-lite/id441000217?mt=8&ls=1
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/driving-speed-lite/id441000217?mt=8&ls=1
Anyone know how to do appinfo tag?
Edit: worked it out.

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-19-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Added appinfo to first post.

08-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Wow, I used to love the PC version. Now, it's on my iPad Mini. It runs great. At least 60 FPS I guess. The physics are great but the 3rd person camera should be more far from the car. Thanks.
08-18-2013, 01:59 PM
The day has come! Great news!
The best racer on iOS by a mile, I kid ye not. I just don't think others will see it that way coz there's no speed blur and other whizzyness :s
Anyone know if the cars and tracks are unlock able by play or IAP only?
I'm gonna find out for myself very soon anyway
08-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Anyone know if there is an iPhone version?
08-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Ugh, steering is just awful.
08-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
The best racer on iOS by a mile, I kid ye not. I just don't think others will see it that way coz there's no speed blur and other whizzyness
It's far from the best racer on iOS. But it's by far the best sounds on iOS.

Excessive understeer and sketchy brakes keep me from loving it, though.

Solid little simulator, but the fact that it doesn't remember track times kind of ruins it for me.

Last edited by k1lljoy_89; 08-18-2013 at 04:07 PM.
08-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ugh, steering is just awful.
Brake into the turns and it's not a problem. But any kind of oversteer is just not gonna happen. It forces you to stay totally throttled back.

Also, use the hood view or just don't even bother playing.
08-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Gotta check this out I guess.
08-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Is this the one that Gabrien is always raving about? If so, I have been waiting for the non-lite iPad version and look forward to trying it out. However, is this a freemium version? I see an unlock IAP, but I also see a credit doubler, so now I'm confused...