Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Line Bound

Hello community!

My second indie game and my first release on TA, please welcome Line Bound!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line-bound/id687082520?ls=1&mt=8

In this crazy arcade game you will guide a line that moves inside another line. Avoid obstacles and choose the right moment and correct direction for each turning. Movement speed increases each level, so as the difficulty of levels. Be prepared for a stress test of your reaction and nerves =)

The game is super minimalistic. No noisy music, just soft sounds. Nothing should distract player from his 145 attempt on yet another level. Controls are very simple: tap on left screen half to rotate left, on right half to rotate right.

Line Bound was inspired by the Ludum Dare 26 game Follow The Line.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Looks cool. Any chance of adding Game Center?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just took a quick spin, and I'll be coming back to this later. Very polished and clean, and the controls are simple and responsive. Reminds me a bit of Pivvot, so if you like that one, definitely give this a shot. But it is pretty difficult, at least for me. The line behaves differently depending on the angle of the curve, and it took me a while to realize that. Not sure how many levels there are, as they only appear after you get to them.

Also it would be really helpful if you could move the pause button to the top. I keep hitting it - very bad positioning.

The sound design is even more minimalistic than I expected - just soft clicks when you turn, that's it. Not much reason to wear headphones.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTheGhost View Post
But it is pretty difficult, at least for me.
Yes, it is as I wrote in another 3d but it never becomes frustrating. I don't like to sound too zen'ish, but it's one of those games that let me in the zone, a place where I don't realise how you're dealing with the screen, my fingers react unconsciously and i end up asking myself how the hell I played it for so long!
I think that one of the reason is that the game restarts automatically after the game over, so it makes for a flowing and interrupted experience.

For me it stands alongside Super Hexagon but I don't believe it will have the same success, because - in my opinion - the developer doesn't seem to enjoy the same attention of Terry Cavanagh.... Sorry for those who'll miss a game so great...
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Looks cool. Any chance of adding Game Center?
Later, maybe =)
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTheGhost View Post
Just took a quick spin, and I'll be coming back to this later. Very polished and clean, and the controls are simple and responsive. Reminds me a bit of Pivvot, so if you like that one, definitely give this a shot. But it is pretty difficult, at least for me. The line behaves differently depending on the angle of the curve, and it took me a while to realize that. Not sure how many levels there are, as they only appear after you get to them.

Also it would be really helpful if you could move the pause button to the top. I keep hitting it - very bad positioning.

The sound design is even more minimalistic than I expected - just soft clicks when you turn, that's it. Not much reason to wear headphones.
Thanks for such detailed feedback! Very interesting suggestion about the button. Are you sure it would be more convenient? My initial thought was that the button must be as close to fingers as possible so that you're always able to hit pause fast.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

This looks awesome. Is it levels or endless? Or both like in Pivvot?

Last edited by Bronxsta; 08-21-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Wait a second...this game's been out since last week. No attention, no reviews? Buying now! I'll leave impressions in a bit
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaya View Post
Yes, it is as I wrote in another 3d but it never becomes frustrating. I don't like to sound too zen'ish, but it's one of those games that let me in the zone, a place where I don't realise how you're dealing with the screen, my fingers react unconsciously and i end up asking myself how the hell I played it for so long!
I think that one of the reason is that the game restarts automatically after the game over, so it makes for a flowing and interrupted experience.

For me it stands alongside Super Hexagon but I don't believe it will have the same success, because - in my opinion - the developer doesn't seem to enjoy the same attention of Terry Cavanagh.... Sorry for those who'll miss a game so great...
Big thanks for your words... Time shall tell =)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
This looks awesome. Is it levels or endless? Or both like in Pivvot?
Not sure if it's as cool as Pivvot (didn't play Pivvot though, judging by the trailer). But give a try =) Levels are not endless.