★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: KingNet
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 88.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Now FREE TO PLAY, the ULTIMATE turn-based strategy game! Raise an army to wage war, command your forces and defeat players from all over the world!

10/10 "A must-have for all Strategy fans! A serious contender to Clash of Clans!"
10/10 "Lords of Darkness takes the classic Heroes of Might & Magic to a whole new level by adding competitive tournaments and exciting interactive features!"

Lords of Darkness is an action-packed strategy game that will put your mind to the test! Fully control your troops as you maneuver them through fast-paced battles! Your brilliant strategy will lead you to glory! Expand your borders and plunder other players to RULE THE REALM!

FEATURES
Enter epic Daily and Weekly Tournaments! Devise new strategies to destroy your enemies!
Take full control of your troops in real-time battles!
Daily Rankings! All battles start on equal terms and only the finest strategist will come out on top!
Recruit legendary heroes, explore for rare treasures! Equip and upgrade rare gear for your heroes!
Join other players in co-op quests, trade resources and show off your almighty troops!
Recruit friends and forge alliances! Rally your followers and become the No.1 Alliance!
Balance technology, recruitment and construction to create the ultimate army.
Conquer territories and build a LEGENDARY EMPIRE!

----------------------------------------
Language support: English
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DarkLordGame
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/LordsofDarknessGame
Home Page: http://lod.kingnet.com

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

08-21-2013, 07:04 PM
What really sets this game apart from other, similar browser based games is the arena. Both players are allocated identical random army's so if you win it's down purely to strategy... You can't pay to win through the arena

08-21-2013, 08:35 PM
No love for the ipad.
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poo View Post
No love for the ipad.
This is for iphone only?
08-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleander View Post
This is for iphone only?
Yes, it's only on iphone.

Pine Entertainment
08-21-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm playing on ipad, so I don't know what you guys mean.

I just hit the 2x button in the corner and it becomes full screen. It's a strategy game so while retina graphics would no doubt be prettier, it's not going to make any difference to the gameplay.
08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Impression

I played through all day.
Interface is smooth. Though the game is only like any other MMO-strategy but the arena is a nice touch. You could actually combat other player purely on skill. It is nice to have a ally help button, we could fight campaign together or help each other out when enemy is at gate.
So i hoping we can make a great Guild there.
08-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I'm playing on ipad, so I don't know what you guys mean.

I just hit the 2x button in the corner and it becomes full screen. It's a strategy game so while retina graphics would no doubt be prettier, it's not going to make any difference to the gameplay.
Unless it was a pixel heavy art style, x2 mode will always look bad, more often than not.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Game Impressions

Finally. This developer got it so so right. All the other wanna bes can suck it! This is the pinnacle of base building, resource managing, strategic battling game on the iOS period. Even though it's a freemium game, I'm having a blast with it! The battles are really nice too. I usually don't like these games, but this one - just awesome!

Last edited by ScotDamn; 08-22-2013 at 10:29 PM.
08-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cretpetpet View Post
I played through all day.
Interface is smooth. Though the game is only like any other MMO-strategy but the arena is a nice touch. You could actually combat other player purely on skill. It is nice to have a ally help button, we could fight campaign together or help each other out when enemy is at gate.
So i hoping we can make a great Guild there.
I'm all for it! Keep me in the loop!