★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *IPOD 4 USERS: We're sorry but Smash Bandits is not supported on iPod 4*

Named as one of TouchArcade's Top 10 Games of the year 2013. From the makers of Smash Cops crash through America in the craziest road race to hit the App Store.

Power up to faster cars, get the edge with getaway gadgets and outrun the cops as you speed to the state line.

SMASH EVERYTHING
Well, almost. Whichever route you take through an ever-changing world of dirt tracks and dusty logging towns you can crash and bash your way through smashable scenery in the most intense display of destruction you have ever seen.

UPGRADE & OUTRUN
Make sure youre always ahead of the game (and the cops) with cool car upgrades. Start with a puny compact and make it awesome with extra speed, handling and strength. And when you start earning big, you might just get your hands on the fastest road car on the planet, the stunning Hennessey Venom GT.

SMASH THE LEADERBOARD
What crazy road race would be complete without a TV chopper hovering overhead? The further you get and the more you smash, the bigger the TV ratings and the more cash you earn. Play against your Facebook and Game Center friends to see who can become the most famous Bandit on network TV.

BOOST YOUR CHANCES
Before you head off you get to choose something to help you along the way. Stinger-proof tires, the 'Stunner' car taser and even a tank are available to give you the edge over the relentless Sheriff McBride and his deputies.

CRUISE CONTROLS
Innovative one-finger control makes it super easy to drive, drift & spin your car, and unleash those helpful gadgets - no matter where youre playing.

TAKE A BANDIT CHALLENGE
The Smash Bandits race organisers dont think that simply out-running the cops is a big enough problem, so theyve put together over 100 challenges where you can test your driving skills to the limit.
08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Looks cool, can't try it until it hits the uk store though
I'm disappointed that its free though as the first game was great as a paid game and the fact it's free puts me off quite a bit,
How can we not talk about IAP's in a free to play game? What else are we going to talk about

08-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
How can we not talk about IAP's in a free to play game? What else are we going to talk about
He just meant that any talk about IAP should be about the IAP in this particular game, not IAP in general as a concept.

Can't hug every cat.
08-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Ipod touch 4G compatible?

how come it plays on iphone 4 and not the ipod touch 4G? can someone explain?
08-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpete View Post
how come it plays on iphone 4 and not the ipod touch 4G? can someone explain?
iPod touch 4G has half the ram than an iPhone 4.
08-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the video Sanuku. I watched most of it. They did an exceptional job on the graphics in this. I will have to pass on it as it seems like endless grinding to me which I'm done with games like this when I have so many great games to play and finish. Still. wow. This came out nice. Makes me want to go back and play smash cops.
08-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the docks, trees, and rocks look... familiar?

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
08-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Love the homage to Spy hunter. Presume the controls are the same as the original (not just that strange initial control they had before)

Wish it was a paid game though but looking forward to impressions on how this one plays and uses IAPs
08-15-2013, 03:00 AM
This worth setting up an SG account?

I really liked Smash Cops, but i guess my real question is, how long til it hits worldwide?