Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Apple Security Questions Help

So earlier on tonight, I tried to purchase Asphalt 8. However, when I was just about to start the download, I got a pop-up stating me that I had to answer my security questions. Security questions which I set up over a year ago, that I've never been asked again, and which I have since forgotten about. Because of this, I cannot access my NZ iTunes account which has $26 on it. I did some researching and found out I could reset those security questions by sending an E-Mail to my rescue address through My Apple ID. However, that link exists nowhere on that site. Finally, I went to the customer support side of the website, but the page you go on to file the questions cannot be found at all

So basically, Apple has practically locked me out of my iTunes account with $26 in it with no way to get back in again...so does anyone here have any ways I can get back into my account, or have I lost $26 for no reason whatsoever?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Have you checked this out?
It's their own guidelines on what to do:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5665

I assume you've already seen it, but couldn't hurt to make sure, right?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 AM

Someone may have a faster solution but you could write to iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com and see if they can help
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Okay i'm going to sound like your dad but...

I cant believe you cant remember them ! Arent the questions normally about first school you went to, best friend, town you were born in, first pet etc ?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM

Since it is a NZ not sure if it will work, but there are only two ways to do this.

Go to appleid.apple.com and hit manage apple ID. This presumes you know the password still. You can then hit the password and security tab and change the questions.

You could also go to expresslane.apple.com for customer support and they can reset the security questions. They might see that you are not really in NZ this way though.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Have you checked this out?
It's their own guidelines on what to do:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5665

I assume you've already seen it, but couldn't hurt to make sure, right?
I have seen all of the info on there beforehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Someone may have a faster solution but you could write to iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com and see if they can help
I'll try contacting that E-Mail and see if it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

I cant believe you cant remember them ! Arent the questions normally about first school you went to, best friend, town you were born in, first pet etc ?
I have a fair idea of what they are, it's just I do not remember the exact wording

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Since it is a NZ not sure if it will work, but there are only two ways to do this.

Go to appleid.apple.com and hit manage apple ID. This presumes you know the password still. You can then hit the password and security tab and change the questions.

You could also go to expresslane.apple.com for customer support and they can reset the security questions. They might see that you are not really in NZ this way though.
Apple ID requires me to answer my security questions in order to change them, and Express Lane is showing up as 'Page Not Found' for me

Thanks everyone for the help so far
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

I always write random letters as answers. It always worked for me until Apple security asked me to answer them for no reason...

Learned my lesson.

@OP I wouldn't worry that much about those 26$, I'd worry more about all the purchased apps, that you can't redownload if you buy a new device. I hope that all works out for you though.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 AM
iPad mini

The option to reset your security questions should appear (possibly only if you're on iTunes on your computer) if you have set up a rescue email for that account (different from your Apple ID/login password). Your only other option, if you didn't set up a rescue email, would be to contact support: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
@OP I wouldn't worry that much about those 26$, I'd worry more about all the purchased apps, that you can't redownload if you buy a new device. I hope that all works out for you though.
Yeah, some quick maths in my head says that account probably has had $370 put into it...that's nearly what my iPod Touch cost...it would freaking suck if all of that were to have suddenly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
The option to reset your security questions should appear (possibly only if you're on iTunes on your computer) if you have set up a rescue email for that account (different from your Apple ID/login password). Your only other option, if you didn't set up a rescue email, would be to contact support: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/
I believe the Rescue E-Mail is acutually my Apple ID one (I tried I-Forgot seeing if that'll remove the problem and the E-Mail was sent to my Apple ID one) so the possibility of it only appearing on PC iTunes could be plausible...that's just silly not allowing it to be done on the devices you put the stuff you buy on though.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
I believe the Rescue E-Mail is acutually my Apple ID one (I tried I-Forgot seeing if that'll remove the problem and the E-Mail was sent to my Apple ID one) so the possibility of it only appearing on PC iTunes could be plausible...that's just silly not allowing it to be done on the devices you put the stuff you buy on though.
Your rescue email cannot be the same as your ID email. The whole point is its a second one to verify your identity in case someone else gets your login credentials. In other words, someone gets your login info but doesn't know your security questions, there would be no point in sending to the email they already know.