★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Jack N' Jill is a cute and charming one button platformer. Control Jack and perform manoeuvres like jumps and wall jumps to get past obstacles and enemies and help him find his way to Jill. With a total of 140 levels spanning over 7 different landscapes, Jack N' Jill provides a fun and challenging gameplay experience. Jack N' Jill is the perfect game for anyone to pick up and play on a touch screen device.

If you are an old school gamer or have been playing games since the days of the classic gameboy, the retro music and grayscale graphics will be a fond reminder of the past. Even if you aren't much of a gamer, Jack N' Jill is a great choice, thanks to its easy to learn and addictive gameplay.

sink_or_swim's comments:

YouTube:
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Jack runs automatically, when he runs against the wall he turns and runs in the opposite direction. Tap the screen and he jumps. The goal is to reach Jill. It seems like the collected coins are your score, there's no shop or something like that. I only played 7 levels but it's a fun game. Seems like all 60 levels are free, there's a permanent add banner on the top of the screen but you won't notice it at all. But there's also a option to remove the ads. Recommended !

Game Center: sink_or_swim

08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
So glad you created this thread Sanuku/Sink ! Would have totally missed this otherwise

I'm not normally into one button 'platformers' but this is great. Brilliant old skool original Gameboy graphics, played a few levels, starts off very easy but looking forward to playing many more later.

A great small filesize, free to try and 69p (99c) to get rid of the ad's. Games like this should be supported so dont be cheap and try all the levels with the ad's running at the top !

Great retro chiptune and graphics, no brainer this one. Looking forward to the later levels

Last edited by psj3809; 08-23-2013 at 09:06 AM.
08-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Started playing this last night and there really is no reason not to grab this. Awesome fun and for free with a buck to get rid of a tiny little banner that I don't really notice. Starting to get more challenging too. Thanks Sink for the recommendation!
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Simple game but very addicting gameplay. Thanks for notice it.
08-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Max_ View Post
Simple game but very addicting gameplay. Thanks for notice it.
Like sound game, like gameplay. It fun, i have completed 27 levels hehe, will try to get complete all it tonight.
08-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes, a very cute and well-done platformer. Played through the first two worlds and I can say it gets harder and harder as you progress. Every few levels new mechanics are introduced, which keep the game fresh and challenging.
08-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Very nice retro game. Gets fairly challenging as you go. Love the old school graphics. Went ahead and paid to remove the ads. Would be nice if they added some achievements via Game Center to go along with the already included leaderboards. Definately easy to recommend this one especially since its free anyway...
08-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Short levels and new features added as you progress, makes this an easy game to keep playing. There's an unobtrusive advert, which is fair enough in a free game, but hardly noticed it. Glad I downloaded.

řƹȡ1
08-24-2013, 02:54 AM
This is surprisingly good. Controls and response are spot on and the level design is fantastic. Up there with Mikey Shorts/Hooks in terms of glitchy platformers.

Just be prepared to experiment and die...a lot, trying to buzz through the levels

Just hope the dev has more levels in store...even through IAP, whatever it takes!