Nintendo Announces The 2DS

08-28-2013, 11:17 AM
#1
Nintendo Announces The 2DS

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/2...?+main+twitter

I think this is a smart move and will work out well or Nintendo in the end. Especially close to pokemon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon.com reviews. Check them out sometime.

Last edited by Eli; 08-28-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Don't steal full article text.
08-28-2013, 11:27 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/2...?+main+twitter




I think this is a smart move and will work out well or Nintendo in the end. Especially close to pokemon
I'm buying one.

08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
#3

Horrible button placement and prone to scratches, no thanks. Just give me a real 3DS revision already, Nintendo.

Edit: Ok, the button placement might not be too bad. Still ugly though.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

Last edited by Haruhi; 08-28-2013 at 11:37 AM.
08-28-2013, 11:34 AM
#4
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,047
I thought it was a practical joke when I saw this personally I don't see why they didn't just use one big screen instead of two.



Video


Youtube link | Pop Up

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Last edited by Teknikal; 08-28-2013 at 11:37 AM.
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I thought it was a practical joke when I saw this



Apparently it takes 3d photos but can't view them.
The point of it is that people who disliked or were made ill by the 3d effects can now buy a ds and all the new games. Although I'm still not sure why they would include a 3d camera when you can't see in 3d on the console
08-28-2013, 11:39 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
The point of it is that people who disliked or were made ill by the 3d effects can now buy a ds and all the new games. Although I'm still not sure why they would include a 3d camera when you can't see in 3d on the console
Augmented reality games require the 3D camera.
08-28-2013, 11:44 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Augmented reality games require the 3D camera.
I don't see why it would the Vita does augmented reality games with one camera I don't see any benefit for a second personally.

then again I guess it has to be compatible with what's out there so maybe that is the reason.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: 4th planet from the left
Posts: 827
I would have to see it in person but I think Nintendo has just jumped the shark. It's sad because they have been a great gaming company and the industry will suffer without them.
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
#9
It's ugly, but it's cheap. And not everyone cares about 3D. I still think they should have gone clamshell, though. However it actually looks like it would be more comfortable than a 3DS or DS, for larger hands, so maybe it's better.

They can't use one large screen because on the 3DS/DS/2DS only the bottom screen is a touch screen.

Do we know if the screens are XL size or non-XL size?

Regarding comfort - I use a grip for my Vita because my hands cramp up after a while playing without it. This is kind of like having that type of grip built-in.

Last edited by crunc; 08-28-2013 at 11:53 AM.
08-28-2013, 11:52 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I would have to see it in person but I think Nintendo has just jumped the shark. It's sad because they have been a great gaming company and the industry will suffer without them.
People have said this after every major Nintendo announcement for years now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Do we know if the screens are XL size or non-XL size?
Non-XL.


Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!