• Publisher: Kabam
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 16.8 MB
  • Version: 1.7.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A new Camp, a new Home: Migration!
Puzzle Trooper is moving! All players will need to migrate to a NEW Puzzle Trooper app by April 30, 2014. Update today, and the game will automatically help you get your Troopers to their new base!!

**Before migration, players are **highly advised** to log in with Facebook or email, to prevent any loss of game data when transferring versions. In the meantime, all players please take note of your Player ID, so we may help as quickly as possible during the migration process!**

ROLE PLAYING GAME MEETS PUZZLE BATTLE!!
Lead a ragtag bunch of misfits in a campaign against E.V.I.L. (Evil Villains in League). Crush your enemies using an innovative puzzle battle combined with a rich RPG system. Conquer 6 continents with over 150 missions and become the most powerful warlord in the world!

"4.5 out of 5.0 star rating. At the end of the day, Puzzle Trooper is too fun for me to tell people to avoid it." (148apps.com)

FIGHT ENEMIES WITH AN INNOVATIVE PUZZLE BATTLE SYSTEM!
To start your attack, move the balls in any direction on the puzzle grid to create combos!
The more combos you make, the bigger the attack!
Call in deadly Bomb Strikes to rain down devastation on your enemies!
Take advantage of your enemies weaknesses to deal extra damage!

OVER 350 WACKY CHARACTERS TO COLLECT!
Collect over 350 unique and wacky characters from 5 different factions!
Meet legendary troopers like Major Bone Jovi, Major Freddy Mercurie and Colonel Heidi Kloom!
Defeat enemy bosses from Special Events missions to get rare characters!

GROW YOUR CHARACTERS FROM CHIMP TO CHAMP!
Level Up your characters to make them stronger
Upgrade your troopers into new units by using Upgrade materials!

MORE THAN 150 CHALLENGING MISSIONS TO CONQUER!
Mow down the enemies to conquer the various lands of Puzzle Trooper!
Annihilate mission bosses to get fabulous rewards!
Test your mettle and skills against the bosses in Special Events missions!

PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Invite your friends or make friends in-game and use their Squad Leaders in your missions!

==NOTES==
A network connection is required to play.
Puzzle Trooper is completely free to play, however Diamonds can also be purchased for real money which allows you to recruit new troops and revive your fallen comrades. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device settings.

==CONNECT WITH US==
Facebook: http://fb.com/PuzzleTrooper
Customer Service: http://kabam.custhelp.com

By downloading this game, you agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and the License Agreement.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service
https://www.kabam.com/corporate/privacy-policy
http://corporate.kabam.com/media/2013/07/31/kabam-inc-eula-en/

Sanuku's comments:

08-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Saw this on the appstore yesterday but didnt feel compelled by another Puzzle & Dragons game to make a thread for it here. LOL.

Question is... is it different?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Great game. It's better than I thought it would be.

I've played several games and the IAP was not necessary so far.

The only not so good thing about it is that it can't sync between devices.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-30-2013, 03:17 AM
I've downloaded the game and when I launch to it, "Server Maintenance" screenshot appears. What happened?

Pine Entertainment
08-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I've downloaded the game and when I launch to it, "Server Maintenance" screenshot appears. What happened?
I got a notification about it. It should be back online soon.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Question is... is it different?
Barely.

Identical energy system? Check.
Leader unit from another player to aid you every match? Check.
Similar dungeon and limited event system? Check.
Identical matching mechanics to power up unit attacks? Check.
After finishing every "dungeon" chain and defeating boss receive some random units? Check.
Cards only level and evolve by combining with other cards? Check.
Premium troops you can blow stacks of gems on trying to get from a machine of sorts? Check...

You get the idea

It is without any doubt extremely close in design to the inspiration, with the closest thing it has to a real difference being the addition of a sixth orb color and unit property type. That said, they have put a lot of work into giving the game it's own character and feel with the art and presentation.

If you really got into P&D, this game may be of limited appeal. If you found P&D's mechanics interesting but weren't enamored with the art style and subject matter, then this is worth a look.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
09-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, the main difference seems to be purely graphically cosmetic.

But having animated "Metal Slug" style characters that visually attack and move from left to right as opposed to the far-too-overused "get in a battle against card-type foes and then walk forward to the next encounter" is enough to make me want to play it for awhile.

The XP and evolution system, as mentioned above, is pretty much the same. I'll probably burn out on it faster because it's largely retreading old ground, but I'll tweak with it for a week or two all the same.
09-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Argh I'm too deep in P&D and they seemed to "copy" with their older games also so I feel better with my money in P&D rather this that could be abandoned.
09-05-2013, 09:44 PM
This game is actually a but more fun then I thought it would be. It is like all the other games of this type but one of my favorites of them because of the theme I guess.

Last edited by nailoso; 09-05-2013 at 09:47 PM.
09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I didn't play "Puzzle & Dragon" before. While I played this game, my friend saw it and talked to me that the game looks like that game, but it has some improvements, such as "level up"..., especially "Airdrop" which takes him like a lot. And for me, the game is great, I launch to the game everyday. Maybe I passionate it. :P

Pine Entertainment