Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
Default UPCOMING - Above & Beyond Air Combat (big announcement!)

Okay! Very very excited today to FINALLY announce a bunch of stuff for my upcoming game, Above & Beyond Air Combat - previously known as SciFly 2.

Real quick. I decided to rename SciFly 2 to A&B about a month or two ago. I decided the old name was just kinda cheesy and now that I've been working on A&B for over 9 months, it's really something entirely new. To help spread the word, I wanted to have a trailer ready to break the news.

That's why I haven't posted any progress in so long, I've been working this trailer.
Enjoy!

Link to HD version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX76p0PxWRk&fmt=22

Let me know what you guys think!

[Edit: I've signed up 25 beta testers which is all I can handle right now. I'll update the info here if I need more later on. Thanks for the strong amount of interest!]
If you would like to beta test, leave a comment and/or DM me (with UDID if possible).

I'm going to be beta testing for a few weeks, hoping to submit to Apple after that. Wow! Can't believe it's this close, hahah. It feels like forever since I started this project. Can't wait to have you guys start playing.

Also wanted to officially announce that A&B will support OpenFeint 2.1 Achievements, Leaderboards and (possibly) Challenges.

Here's some more screens and such.

Last edited by jshmrsn; 09-08-2009 at 05:40 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

wow, it certainly does look like you've been putting a lot of content and work into the game...and good video
Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

cool and i love openfeint games with achievements
Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

It does look quite good, congrats.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn

Thanks! ^

Oh, and here's the full description:

Quote:
With an armada of customizable combat aircraft at your disposal, you are challenged to explore and conquer the fully 3D, open-world environments of Above & Beyond Air Combat.

Engage in action packed air-to-air and air-to-ground combat with enemy aircraft, battleships, and turrets as you battle for control of island strongholds.

View an exciting gameplay video at ab.axiosgames.com

::: Features Summary :::

- Customize 12 advanced combat aircraft
- Upgrade your aircraft with over 15 different weapons and numerous thrusters, shields, and other enhancements.
- Explore over 60 islands in a fully 3D, open-world environment.
- Engage in 3 unique battle modes: Gauntlet, Survival, and Conquest.
- Share highscores and achievements via the fully integrated OpenFeint 2.1 service.
- Enjoy *your* music with in-game music library integration.
- Several options to calibrate and tune controls to your personal preference
- Initial loading times are very quick, and there are rarely any loading times during gameplay

::: Details :::

Customization is a core aspect of Above & Beyond Air Combat, each aircraft has not only unique stats, but a unique set of equipment sockets. Each socket is then filled by a weapon, thruster, or upgrade which are acquired with credits earned during all 3 battle modes. Weapons include: machine guns, lasers, flak cannons, missiles, ray guns, bombsoh , and more.

The world contains over 60 islands which are divided into several diverse regions - ranging from tropical to volcanic, to glacier ice, to desert. Each island is unique and can be traveled to seamlessly (without load times), so if you're a fan of exploration, you will definitely enjoy Above & Beyond.

Along with the primary Conquest mode, Above & Beyond Air Combat also features two arcade modes: Gauntlet and Survival. Gauntlet is a time trial race in which obstacles, targets, and bonus rings are placed throughout the track. A Gauntlet track will often feature tight canyons, sharp turns, and fast straightaways. In Survival, you will be pitted against a never-ending onslaught of enemy targets. Using your own customized aircraft, you must survive as many waves as possible for the highest score.

Last edited by jshmrsn; 08-26-2009 at 07:19 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Am I the only person who has PMed for Beta? Sweet This app looks amazing for a 3D app!

Last edited by skipper587; 08-25-2009 at 08:35 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM

Pmed looks amazing.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Wow. This game keeps getting better and better. You've really been hard at it Josh. However, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the new name. I understand why you would want to steer away from scif fly II, as this game has become something on an entirely new level, but Above and beyond air combat just seems like a mouthful...Also, there seems to be a inconsistency in your app descriptipn. At one point it mentions there are more than 60 islands to explore, and at anotehr it says nearly 100...

Anyways, game's lookin great. I sent a pm about beta as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Looks awesome ball it needs is peer-to-peer Bluetooth dogfight and it would be perfect. Also pm sent.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

PM sent!

Closed Thread