Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Default Word Ace: $0

Word Ace was finally approved for the iPhone! Woohoo!

Here's the press release:
-----
Redwood City, CA -- Self Aware Games™ (http://www.selfawaregames.com) is pleased to announce the release of Word Ace™, the first game that owners of the Pre, iPhone and iPod Touch can play together.

Word Ace combines the strategy and competition of Texas Hold ‘Em and the intellectual challenge of Scrabble®-like word creation into a fast-paced, challenging multiplayer online game you carry in your pocket. Do you have the cards and the skill to build the highest-scoring word, or are you going to have to bluff your way to victory?

Cross-Platform Online Multiplayer: Play with (or against) your friends online any time - whether they own a Pre, an iPhone, or an iPod Touch. Jump into a public game and compete against players across the globe, or set up a private table for you and your friends.
Infinitely Replayable Fun: Play Word Ace™ for a day, or play it for a year, and every time you pick it up, you’ll face a new challenge. Like any classic, Word Ace™ never gets old.
Friends List: Add people to your Friends List, and you can play online with them any time. Invite a friend to your game with a simple click, or hop into a game they're playing just as easily.
Unique picture-based emotes: Win with an incredible word? Show your opponents you're gloating. Smile or frown at your opponents with a simple click & drag.
In-game text chat: Drop your friends a quick message through Word Ace’s in-game chat system! Someone win with a lousy word? Let them know what they should have spelled instead.
Daily Chip Bonuses: Every day you play you earn a free chip bonus - so don’t let a day go by without a game of Word Ace™!

The best feature yet? All this is free. Play Word Ace™ online as much as you like, and it’ll cost you exactly nothing. Finally, iPhone players can get their hands on the game that's taken the Pre by storm!

Word Ace players tweet:
" Thank God for Word Ace... my new favorite timesink." - thedlr
"I'm addicted to Word Ace..." - Syph
"Stupid job getting in the way of playing word ace. Try it..." - edwinss19
"Caution: The new game "Word Ace" for Palm Pre is highly addictive." - chriswamer
"Word Ace, one of the latest apps in the Palm Pre's Catalog, is seriously the most addicting game ever." -rocketlad

A walkthrough video of the game is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARczWpi2Jow

Additional screenshots of the game are available at our blog: http://www.selfawaregames.com/blog

----
Hope to see you online soon!
seppo
Word Ace Code: 1447431795

Last edited by selfawaregames; 09-03-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-01-2009, 09:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

When will it be in the app store? I don't see it out there yet.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM

I don't see it either.

Game looks awesome though. Pretty unique twist to word games. And I do love me some gambling
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

It's not technically in the appstore yet. It has to be propagated out through all the itunes servers.

If it was approved though the dev should have their promo codes so it's only a matter of time before its available for purchase.

---
The fact that this game can be played online versus pre owners is great. I can't wait to give it a try!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM

Heh. Yeah, sorry - it'll take a little bit of time for it to show up in the store. But as soon as it propagates through Apple's servers, it should be good to go!

seppo
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Is the game already available on the pre?

I only ask because it would be great to have an online user base ready to go when it's released for the iphone/ipod touch
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Is the game already available on the pre?

I only ask because it would be great to have an online user base ready to go when it's released for the iphone/ipod touch
It's been on the Pre for just over a week. There are already more than 60,000 players, who've played more than 290,000 games. There are players online 24 hours a day, every day.

I *cannot wait* for you guys to get your hands on it.

seppo
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Here y'all go =]

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326694383&mt=8
Old 09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
It's FREE!? This is Madness! downloading now!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 PM

WOOOO!!! GO GET IT!!!

seppo