★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Lead the mightiest army in the kingdom! Intense player vs. player MMORPG with epic clans, clan wars, and battles! Face-off against millions of players, destroy their kingdom, claim new lands, battle ancient monsters, and seize rare items! No other MMORPG let's you hit anyone, anytime! Find a clan, fight your friends, and dominate in live PVP events! Who will be your ally in your mighty quest for domination!

- "Ridiculously addictive!"
- "The best turn-based MMORPG on the App Store by far."
- "The online multiplayer aspect is really good, its a whole world in there!"

Power is yours for the taking! Form a Clan, hire allies, and plunder gold in Kingdoms at War: the ultimate fantasy-strategy game. Team up to defeat ancient monsters in Epic Battles, or wage war against other players and destroy their kingdom. Play the ally market and hire your friends!

Command your army and prove your worth on the battlefield: CLAIM YOUR KINGDOM NOW!

=KINGDOMS AT WAR FEATURES=
- Regular FREE updates with live PVP events and leaderboards!
- Join forces to form a powerful Clan and crush the competition!
- Scout, assassinate, and steal from enemy kingdoms
- Build your kingdom with Catapults, Watch Towers, and Dragons!
- Choose your banner: Conqueror, Monarch or Defender
- Use magical elixirs and powerful spells against your enemies
- Visit the Mage to enchant your weapons and increase their power
- Lead Epic Battles against ancient monsters
- Battle rival players LIVE in REAL TIME!
- Open ally market, hire anyone at anytime to aid in your quest!
...and much MORE!

=GAMER REVIEWS=
Great game, have played for months and still enjoy it. I like the new addition of armor and weapons. Keep it coming guys!! -Fennwick

This game ranks up there with WOW. -Red-327

I play this game at night for hours under my pillow so my mom wont notice me playing. -KaW_Lover

Dangerously fun. When I first started playing this game I only spent a couple minutes a day, but then I got sucked into it and started checking it compulsively every few minutes to score more hits. My friends got mad at me, my girlfriend started ignoring me, and it ruined my productivity at work. I've curbed it now, but this game is still dangerously fun and eating up my time. Totally awesome." -randyv2

kuznagi's comments:

A buddy of mine made this game, its free, so check it out, has a pretty interesting premise!
09-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I would be really cool if Apple made a category of its in the App store for games like these. It really gets difficult to navigate through the app store trying to find things when you have all these 10 points free, 20 points for .99 and so on "apps" for sale, when you are just buying points, and not an app.

I wonder what you would call the category because this sure is not MMRPG or MMRTS.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.

09-11-2009, 11:25 PM
omg there are WAY too many of these in the app store. DIE!!!!!
09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
omg there are WAY too many of these in the app store. DIE!!!!!
Woah, calm down NomaD! It's slightly different than most of them, but i do sort of agree with you. More like an MMSG, or at least it looks like that.

Gameloft LIVE: Lethal_Tuna
Plus Network: nbgfr478ii
"Have a Nice Day!"
09-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I agree. I've written about this to apple. SImple solution; have your little, (IMHO,) boring MMORTSGTYPE-RVTECHGIBSONSGBYOB-RTRPSG, but make ONE G** DAMN version of it, and utilize the G** flipping damn 3 flipping point 0 firmware, and have in-game purchases for your little extra point sh*t. Clean up the G** damn app store. I'm tired of all this Extra point cancer crap.

Sorry, and excuse my frustration. And good luck to you, developer of the MMORTSGTYPE-RVTECHGIBSONSGBYOB-RTRPSG; All our base, are belong to you, forever.

Last edited by Thorbjorn; 09-12-2009 at 10:01 AM.
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
actually apple will not allow purchases inside free apps.

but developers of these could easily have 2 apps. A free and a 99cent purchasing app.

the reason why this wont happen, is the visibility of having 19 apps update at once.
09-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
actually apple will not allow purchases inside free apps.

but developers of these could easily have 2 apps. A free and a 99cent purchasing app.

the reason why this wont happen, is the visibility of having 19 apps update at once.
In all fairness, the other apps are for-pay apps and each one has a price appropriate for the item you get. This is different from the other games of this type where the store is spammed with five billion "10 Honor Points" downloads. I still understand everyone's frustration, but this isn't quite the same thing.

I'm willing to bet if we suggested an alternative model that made sense to the developer, they would change. (e.g. You get a reasonably powerful token item for the 99 cent download, then have an opportunity to upgrade further in game.) My gut feel is that the dev went this route based on the momentum that already exists from similar games.

Disclaimer: I have been suckered into downloading a few games of this type and deleted every one of them in the past. This one was very clear about what it was and looked somewhat interesting. I downloaded it when it showed up and have been playing it since. It's not a bad game.

So feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt as I may be biased.
________
Penny Stock

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.
11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry to bring back old topic. Im looking for more of these type of games (MMO) any recommendation would be great.
11-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoz View Post
Sorry to bring back old topic. Im looking for more of these type of games (MMO) any recommendation would be great.
Epic Pet Wars is epic

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-28-2009, 01:17 PM
thanks! i'll give it a shot. Just got my iphone last week, im trying to keep up.