Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 AM

Default FIFA 10 by EA Sports [.99 Sale]

FIFA 10 is out!!
$9.99 US, 61.6MB.

International Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331397431&mt=8

Last edited by salsamd; 10-02-2009 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: video
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 AM

Not out in Aus yet
Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltzem View Post
FIFA 10 is out!! (in NZ).
$9.99 US
So it is 10 bucks. Well i'll gladly pay that if it's better than the two other soccer/football games that are worth playing. (mainly X2 obviously)

Eagerly awaiting some impressions, and also of course, for it to actually be released in the U.S.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10

Link for NZ:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331397431&mt=8

Link for AUS:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331397431&mt=8

Last edited by yourofl10; 10-01-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Please do post an impression, and please don't be bias, since or me, it's gonna be the most money I'll spend for an itunes game :0

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to NiclasW

Please post quick impressions !!!
Can't wait
Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quick first impressions would be nice. What time is it in NZ now? Is it 00.00h?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 AM

its about 1 in the morning.
can't wait till it comes out to australia app store. 2 more hours....
please give us a preview.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Dang. Lucky bastard (I mean this in the best way possible)

I don't get what's with Apple's system or whose ever it is. Why release on the 2nd for all the timezones so that it gets released at different times everywhere? Instead of setting a single release date and time for one timezone and adjust the time for every time zone accordingly so it all gets released at the same time. Ehhh. Oh well.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Oh yeah forgot about the link!
Anyway, here's my first impressions.

The game seems to have most of the modes from the console versions. There's Tournament, Manager, Penalty, Training and Be A Pro modes. There's quite a few settings to choose from, including Weather, iPod Music, HUD Transparency, Audio Volume, etc.

The menus look nice. There's even an interactive football in the main menu that you can flick around.

Graphics: About on par with X2 Football, a bit better than RF10. Players aren't really recognizable, but they don't all look the same at least.

Controls: For movement there's a virtual analog stick of course, but I was dissapointed that it's 8 directions only, unlike X2 Football. There's two buttons, A & B, for passing/shooting, etc. To pass you press or hold A, for a long pass you hold then tap A. It's a little difficult at first to long pass accurately. Definitely not as precise as in the console versions, but that's to be expected. For shooting, you press or hold B. Skill moves are done by touching then sliding from B. There's no skill move help menu, provided, so you have to figure out the moves on your own. Crossing is done by long passing in the crossing zone. Overall the controls are solid, but not quite as precise as in X2 Football. I find the joystick hard to use because it's only 8 directions and isn't floating, but it's usable. The A and B buttons provide a good array of skills and moves.

Audio: There's only one commentator from what I've heard so far. The commentary sounds a bit muffled/compressed, but you can understand him. Theres a wide variety of comments and it seems accurate so far. Definitely not as abysmal as in Real Football 2010. There's also crowd sounds, which also sound a bit low quality, but are overall good. The menu music is catchy and so far there seems to be a good variety of songs. You can also use music from your iPod library if you get tired of or don't like the music.

Overall Gameplay: I've so far played through one 8 minute game. I played on the lowest difficulty setting and it felt quite balanced, definitely not way too easy. There's 4 difficulty settings, so I don't think this game will be too easy like Madden 10 and Tiger Woods.

Overall I'm quite happy with this game so far. The controls take a while to get comfortable with, but the game isn't too easy or too hard, and if it is there's multiple difficulty settings so you can find the perfect setting for you. I'm impressed with the level of content that EA put into the game. A lot of what's in the console versions is in this version. There's a huge amount of teams and clubs (same as in the console version I think), but I haven't been able to find any World Cup mode yet. The game controls well and the graphics are definitely at least as good, if not a tad better, than in X2 Football 2009. From what I've played FIFA 10 is in my opinion now the best football game in the App Store. It has the content of Real Football 2010 plus the gameplay and graphics of X2 Football 2009, and is definitely a must buy for football fans.

Also, I was hoping the icon wasn't going to be as terrible as the icons for Tiger Woods and Madden, and luckily it isn't. It's not great, but it's acceptable. Just the words 'FIFA 10' on a black background.

Last edited by Feltzem; 10-01-2009 at 08:30 AM..