• Publisher: Player X
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.6
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Download Pang NOW! Relive the great times of your youth with this retro gaming classic!

"Check it out for some throwback arcade
goodness" - GEARDIARY.COM

A bubble blast from the past, Pang is the game you love and remember from the 80s, even better today on the iPhone and iPod touch.

Test your reflexes in this hugely addictive official remake, "Pang", also known as "Buster Bros" in the US. There's a reason this game was huge - its great!

Travel from Japan to the tropical shores of Hawaii as you take up the task of saving civilization from dangerously bouncing bubbles that threaten city landmarks across the planet.

Can you save Mount Fuji from being flattened by spherical dangers? Will your reactions be good enough to defend the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty? Or can you wear them down while saving your own skin?

Everyones favourite from the arcades, Pang is easy to learn but difficult to master as you progress through 17 locations saving the worlds attractions with an assortment of weapons from the grappling hook to the twin harpoon. The game is crammed with power-ups including a force field and time freeze; anything to give you the edge over those deadly bubbles!

FEATURES:
17 locations, covering 50 levels
An assortment of weaponry
Power-ups and prizes for points
World Tour or Infinite Challenge to choose from
Leaderboards beat your friends for the highest score
Customisable options suit your style

Perfect for fans of Space Invaders, PacMan and Q*Bert

Join our Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zed-Games/14824232863794

http://www.geardiary.com/2009/10/19/pang-for-iphonetouch-review/
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting this. I will definitely grab this as I am a fan of the game.

Going to look for it now...

EDIT...Spent about ten minutes with it and love it. Of course that is coming from someone that is a fan of this game.

There is an endless pang and then tour pang. Tour Pang has you clearing a few sections and then your plane takes you to another area to start there. You get three or so continues to clear a stage.

While there are options, they are not very robust. You can adjust the sound, difficulty, language and sensitivity. There is no tilt control but only touch. There is a strip at the bottom of the screen that goes from left to right about 60% of the way across. You then have a fire button on the far right side and there is a menu button in the middle. The control is excellent and I had no problem adjusting to it right away.

Overall, the game looks good and controls very well. If you like this type of game you will more than likely enjoy it.

Lastly some of you may know that Bubble Pang is available for free but it is not as good as Pang. Bubble Pang has ads that run across the top that can make the bubbles hard to pick up at times and while it does offer a tilt or joystick control, it is just an endless stage for high score. I do like the way the character looks in Bubble Pang better but over all Pang is a much more complete package.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 10-12-2009 at 09:31 PM.

10-12-2009, 10:55 PM
So, does this game not interest anyone else?
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Holy crap! I love Pang! Didn't even know there was an official game coming. Good thing, too, since I haven't been very impressed by the half-assed attempts that have been available on the app store so far.

Instant download!
10-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice! This really is a terrific remake. The controls work perfectly. Now this is a blast from the past. Too bad it doesn't have a 2-player feature. Me and my brother used to play our Amiga version to death. The endless stage is pretty cool even if it gets insanely tough in no time.

I would love to see online leaderboards for this game. Most of the time, I don't care much for them but this is definitely a game I can see myself coming back to time and again. Thank you so much, Player X, wherever you might be.
10-13-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm kind of surprised to hear you guys getting so excited about this, but that's perfectly fine of course, I myself just never really enjoyed this particular game much.

Plays: Zaxxon Escape, Plague Inc., Phoenix HD, Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper.
Using: 64 GB iPod Touch 5G
10-13-2009, 01:01 AM
10-13-2009, 01:15 AM
nice video Arn, you just sold me on the game.
10-13-2009, 01:16 AM
hmm, i'm actually tempted to buy this after watching the video

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
10-13-2009, 03:58 AM
more retro goodness shame theres no online hi scores but other than that its lookin sweet!

now i wish someone would do a handheld version of tumblepop! one of the most played games at our local arcade back in the 90s!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014