App description: [2014/9/18]
This app is not compatible with iOS 8.
Please be aware that if you upgrade to iOS 8, you will not be able to continue your game.

"The Isle of 8-bit Treasures is an interesting new take on a solid formula
and should appeal to many iPhone adventure fans."
-toucharcade.com

"No need to don your thinking caps, or level-busters - from graphics to
music, The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures is good ol' fashioned monster-killing
fun."
-touchmyapps.com

"Tecmo has created a gem of a game for the iPhone, and one that I foresee
myself playing well into the future. In it, I believe I've found my first
contender for November's game-of-the-month."
-NoDPad.com

-------------------------
A long time (and many bits) ago, three daring adventurers set out to explore all the dungeons on a mysterious island!

Enjoy light-hearted, dungeon raiding fun in this neo-retro take on classic RPGs! Take on missions to explore caverns, forests, ruins and defeat the monsters lurking within. Spend a few minutes to clear one dungeon, or a few days to uncover all the secrets of The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Over 60 missions
- Tons of loot
- Upgradeable weapons
- Simple controls
- Unique Weapon Reel battle system
- Three uber-cute playable characters--Swordsman, Witch, and Hunter--each with a different play-style
- Create new weapons & dungeons from the music in your iPhone or iPod touch! (Requires iPhone OS 3.0)

HOW TO PLAY:
1. Pick a character
2. Customize your weapon
3. Pick a dungeon & mission
4. Move, hack, slash, loot, level up
5. Fulfill the mission objective & get the Valor item from the lowest level of the dungeon
6. Congrats! Mission cleared!

NOTE: Leveling works differently in this RPG. Your characters will get experience and gain levels as they go through a dungeon. However, when you exit a dungeon, you keep all the loot and powered-up weapons, but the character reverts to Level 1.

Hoard all the loot you can carry as you explore every dungeon on The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Looks very interesting. Who wants to TOFTT?

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.

11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
This looks interesting. The character level dropping back to 1 after the dungeon reminds me of a few DS games I have played that worked really well.

Not sure if I want to spend $5 this early in the morning.
11-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I would like to see a movie of the game in action as well as an introductory special to get things rolling
11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Right, I'm TOFTTing this. Stay tuned for quick impressions.

11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I like the returning to level 1 bit as I too have played some games where this works great. I do agree with cranker and think some intro pricing would be awesome - especially with so many games coming out it seems in the last day or so!

Also if an intro price doesn't work then a vid would be great! I don't want to spend 5 bucks cold if you know what I mean. Especially since that controller looks overwhelming!
11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
Right, I'm TOFTTing this. Stay tuned for quick impressions.
Hey that's a generous TOFTT! Thanks! Let us know!

See if you figure out how to make weapons with the music in your iTunes library! That is very intriguing!
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I am wondering if this is going to play like Izuna. Will wait for impressions.
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Nuts. I was hoping for something that actually had an 8-bit style.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Okay, I'm in the office, so I had a toilet break and played for about ten minutes. It's a definite roguelike, turn-based and everything. More Shiren than NetHack. Went into the same dungeon twice and seemed to have a different layout. Bit tricky, too - I died on the third floor of the first dungeon. Seems to save the money you've found when you die, unless you start with some - I didn't check the shop before I first played. Made a new wand with a song from my iPod, so that feature seems to work. Doesn't look like you can save mid-dungeon, which might be an issue. Not sure yet, but I think it might be a nice little game.

I'll play it more this evening, no doubt.