App description: The one. The only. Mr Shaun White shreds onto iPhone.

With an Olympic gold, a record medal supremo at the Winter X Games competition plus endless titles and achievements coupled with his eccentric and mesmerising charisma, Shaun White is THE name in snowboarding and set for world domination.

Grab your board and hit the powder with snowboardings hottest property. Choose who youll shred to victory pick from Alex (female), Mats, Gordon or Mario. Each has their own unique style and clothing and specialities in either control, tricks or speed depending on how you want to rock the slopes! Shaun provides a personal tutorial to enable you to get to grips with the game.

Attempt and nail over 50 different snowboarding tricks combinations including nosegrabs, melons, method and indys as you ride fresh powder all over the world. The game spans four different countries Chile, Japan, Spain and USA as you take part in the most exhilarating snowboarding experience the iPhone has ever seen.

Become part of the Shaun White community and take on the players all over the globe to climb up the world ranking leaderboard. Find your friends via Facebook and Twitters connections managed by OpenFeint and get them hooked up with a board to see who can pull the maddest tricks and gain the highest scores. Keep connected with them by enabling the chat option and compare progress to make sure you stay ahead!*

Choose one of four ways to play the game. You can either freestyle, use the ghost option to record your game which you can then use to play and beat yourself, or challenge your friends to play your ghost or if thats not enough challenge players across the world to see if they can thrash your score by beating your ghost!

Click on the Bonus option to watch exclusive real-life video footage of Shaun White captured in a top secret mission courtesy of Red Bull.

FEATURES
Personal tutorial from Shaun White
Over 50 different snowboarding tricks combinations
Ride different tracks in four destinations all over the world
Four different choices of gameplay!
Exclusive real-life video footage of Shaun captured in a top secret mission
Amazing 3D graphics
Quality audio
World ranking leaderboard and community enabled thanks to Open Feint take on the best players in the world
Easy to play
Innovative touch-to-play controls

* An internet connection is needed to enable Open Feint and its features.

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-04-2009, 09:12 PM
any first impressions on this? tempted...
I'd like to know this vs skater nation.

12-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Hm, the graphics on Crazy Snowboard look better.
This looks average...

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Whoop! Downloading.. I hope this is a decent snowboarding game

Currently Playing:Super Monkey Ball 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Labyrinth 2, Family Feud, N.O.V.A., AC2, NFS Shift, Cogs, GTA: CTW, Riddim Ribbon, Plants vs. Zombies

Openfeint | Plus+ | Gameloft Live: greenro89
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Hm, the graphics on Crazy Snowboard look better.
This looks average...
ya, something about the graphics just bug me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I find the control really simple to use. Tricks are easy to do, the landing is the hard part trying to line up parallel so you don't crash. I have played through one course and there is plenty of ramps and rails to do tricks and combine them for higher scores. There are tons of things for unlocking in Openfeint. With only 4 players and 4 courses it may be a bit spendy, but here's hoping for an update!

Currently Playing:Super Monkey Ball 2, Shaun White Snowboarding, Labyrinth 2, Family Feud, N.O.V.A., AC2, NFS Shift, Cogs, GTA: CTW, Riddim Ribbon, Plants vs. Zombies

Openfeint | Plus+ | Gameloft Live: greenro89
12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenro89 View Post
I find the control really simple to use. Tricks are easy to do, the landing is the hard part trying to line up parallel so you don't crash. I have played through one course and there is plenty of ramps and rails to do tricks and combine them for higher scores. There are tons of things for unlocking in Openfeint. With only 4 players and 4 courses it may be a bit spendy, but here's hoping for an update!
I agree. Let me just add: the courses are very long -- longer than anything on Crazy Snowboard. The graphics are cartoony (which, frankly, I don't mind), but the game has nice, realistic feeling of being in the snow. I like that there's a bit of vibration when you land a jump (and yes, it can be turned off). The virtual snowboard system is actually pretty nifty -- you are not depending on a set of predefined tricks. And the game doesn't coddle you -- in Crazy Snowboard you are able to land a trick if you stop it at the right time. Here you had to make sure you're landing straight on the snow.

All in all, in feels more like a console title (well, a Wii title, anyway) than other snowboarding games on the platform.
12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Wow already? Gonna try later.
12-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Game Impressions

This is actually quite good. The tracks are nice and long and there are
plenty of achievements/ghost challenges available. I think the graphics
are perfectly appropriate for a snowboarding game, but they're obviously
not for everyone. I like the control system...it's quite unique.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Is there any career mode or such?
I have been waiting for a snowboarding game that actually has enough content to bring me back after it's first day

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.