App description: Permanently Removed from App Store - March 2010 - Get It Whilst You Can.

PAPERBOY: The 'Officially Licenced' mobile phone game version of the 80's SUPER smash-hit coin-operated arcade game Paperboy, designed by Dave Ralston.

FEATURES
- Almost 100% faithful recreation of the multi-million selling original.
- Exciting new game modes including, Time Attack, Challenge & Casual.
- Uniquely developed in 3D enabling:
o authentic Classic 2.5D in-game views,
o stunning new, 3D action-replays and multiple camera angles,
o subtle enhancement of the in-game graphics.
- Created specifically for Elite®, developers and publishers of Paperboy for more than 20 years.

AIM OF THE GAME
Deliver newspapers to all the "customer" houses on the street. Avoid the hazards. Throw newspapers to damage property of "non-customer" houses to score points.

GAME MODES
- Classic: plays just like the original arcade version.
- Casual: a little easier than Classic? Collect: 'Extra Life', 'Baseball Card' & 'Bonus Point icons.
- Time Attack: unlimited newspapers, but limited time. Damage a subscriber's house and you'll loose precious seconds, but damage a non-subscriber's and you'll gain some. You can also pick up items to gain extra time.
- Challenge: perform the listed actions. For a skilled paperboy this won't be too hard.

sizzlakalonji's comments:

I've been waiting for this one...
12-17-2009, 10:40 PM
That was fast.

12-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Nostalgia, nostalgia.

I do wish they include the original graphics like in Monkey Island though. It would be the cherry on top

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Loved the original, but the graphics on this one are a big turn off.

Nothing against 3D style graphics, just don't like ugly 3D style graphics. Pass.
12-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
original graphics > butt-ugly new graphics

pass

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
original graphics > butt-ugly new graphics

pass
I have to agree. I hate 3D graphics unless they are done right. They should have just kept the original graphics

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
12-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Do none of you see that you have a choice between the classic graphics and the 3D graphics?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Do none of you see that you have a choice between the classic graphics and the 3D graphics?
It says game view, not graphics.

The graphics look the same to me, I could be wrong though.
12-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Man, I was terrible at this game when I was a kid. The skewed perspective threw me off. It might be worth a try, though.

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
This game never caught my attention at the arcades like space invaders, asteroids, galaga, tempest etc...I could go on, but I won't......, so it would take a .99 sale to get me to buy it just for fun