Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Default Blue Attack! Released ($0.99 SALE)

[US App Store Link]

Youtube link | Pop Up

"Blue Defense!" was an amazing game one of my favorites and on my top for quite awhile so I can only imagine how fun "BlueAttack!" will be. Anyone besides me excited about this game? Customization is usually what catches me alot of the time(depending on the kind of game) and it seems like this games got it.

Last edited by salsamd; 01-22-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm excited. It seems just like Bubble Tanks. If you want to try it, go here
http://armorgames.com/play/1920/bubble-tanks-2
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

dammit you fooled me into thinking it was out
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

^^^ Ha what a loser.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Same, wow any other info on this? Looks great.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Lol my bad.
@RayLancer
Yea there is info on the homepage but besides that I don't there is much else, unless he has a site, then maybe there.

@Coconutbowling
Yea they same very similar I've been playing that game since you put it up and it's pretty fun thanks, got me alittle more excited and informed for "BlueAttack!" in regards to the gameplay.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 PM

@coconutbowling
It's a bit like that game the way it controls, but it's a lot more... shall we say... intense. I get a big adrenaline rush when I complete the campaign mode on the hard path. Of course, I'm only one of four people who's had that pleasure (thank you, my beta testers), so you'll just have to wait until friday.

@RayLancer
What would you like to know? The campaign mode ought to take 15-20 minutes to complete, but it'll take at least three playthroughs to hit all the levels, and you'd have to be darn good to get up on the hard path on your first try. If you practice a lot, you might get a campaign run down to under 10 minutes - and the game rewards you for killing things faster!

There's an infinite game mode that just scales up over time, and one of my beta testers got good enough to play for well more than an hour - but it's all split up into 1- to 4-minute levels for that nice portable feel.

Also, even after that hour, he wasn't fully upgraded - so there's a lot of choice and headroom in what you choose to upgrade first!

Anything else you want to know?

Resource collection - when you kill an enemy, you get all the resources from his core, and if you kill him quickly, you get a speed bonus multiplier. Anything under 10 seconds for a given enemy will give you a x10 multiplier, and it goes down to x5 after that - over 30 seconds, and you get no multiplier.

You'll often have to choose between a large (resource-rich) enemy and several smaller ones - you don't have time to get the max bonus for all of them, so do you ignore the little ones while focusing fire on the big one? Can you kill the big one 10 seconds after he appears on your radar? Should you use a bomb (which costs 5000 resources) to kill them faster, and are you going to recoup your bomb costs?

There's a lot of optimization and customization beyond your ship's systems, built in to the enemy design itself - how do you attack their waves?

Most of this is covered in a brief 5-10 minute tutorial at the beginning of the game, the first time you load it up.

Personally, I like the "upgrades" tutorial, because it gives you millions of resource units and tells you to go nuts with the upgrade options. Flying around with 8 fully upgraded wingmen is pretty cool.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
@coconutbowling
It's a bit like that game the way it controls, but it's a lot more... shall we say... intense. I get a big adrenaline rush when I complete the campaign mode on the hard path. Of course, I'm only one of four people who's had that pleasure (thank you, my beta testers), so you'll just have to wait until friday.

@RayLancer
What would you like to know? The campaign mode ought to take 15-20 minutes to complete, but it'll take at least three playthroughs to hit all the levels, and you'd have to be darn good to get up on the hard path on your first try. If you practice a lot, you might get a campaign run down to under 10 minutes - and the game rewards you for killing things faster!

There's an infinite game mode that just scales up over time, and one of my beta testers got good enough to play for well more than an hour - but it's all split up into 1- to 4-minute levels for that nice portable feel.

Also, even after that hour, he wasn't fully upgraded - so there's a lot of choice and headroom in what you choose to upgrade first!

Anything else you want to know?

Resource collection - when you kill an enemy, you get all the resources from his core, and if you kill him quickly, you get a speed bonus multiplier. Anything under 10 seconds for a given enemy will give you a x10 multiplier, and it goes down to x5 after that - over 30 seconds, and you get no multiplier.

You'll often have to choose between a large (resource-rich) enemy and several smaller ones - you don't have time to get the max bonus for all of them, so do you ignore the little ones while focusing fire on the big one? Can you kill the big one 10 seconds after he appears on your radar? Should you use a bomb (which costs 5000 resources) to kill them faster, and are you going to recoup your bomb costs?

There's a lot of optimization and customization beyond your ship's systems, built in to the enemy design itself - how do you attack their waves?

Most of this is covered in a brief 5-10 minute tutorial at the beginning of the game, the first time you load it up.

Personally, I like the "upgrades" tutorial, because it gives you millions of resource units and tells you to go nuts with the upgrade options. Flying around with 8 fully upgraded wingmen is pretty cool.
Do we get to know how much it'll be?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Man! Every time I read the topic title I think the game is out...

Can a moderator please change the topic title?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
Do we get to know how much it'll be?
1.99 I believe