Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default NBA Hotshot from Freeverse, Inc. ($0.99, Plus+)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 01-13-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM

I've been waiting for this, thanks Freeverse for the $.99 pricing!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 PM

it's obvious goimot is inferior in this speed posting game

I kid of want to check this game out, there is just too much pr0n on teh interweb though.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 AM

TA, your thread ad/link and front page add is going to a 404 error page on Freeverse's website.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 AM

Wow this game sucks badly...

It's really the only time I have regretted a 99 cent purchase

the way the ball is flicked is horrible, unlike in skeEball were there was some skill this is pure luck or so it seems. The way the device leaderboard is filled with their company preloaded scores is very frustrating as well. Even if you love baskeball still do not get this game. I have really never been let down by freeverse, but this was a HUGE letdown.

This game needs to be totally reworked, and if this is any sign of how flicksports baseball is going to be, prepare to be dissapointed. Hopefully I can save other people from buying this, I was very excited to see it out and try it, and I was let down. If anyone wants a video of how bad this is, I'll be glad to make one so that others can save their money.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 AM

ItS difficult but bearable to shoot 2 pointers but for the last 20 seconds the threes pointers are painful. With almost an hour of practice I maybe at most got 2 in there. Most are short and exact repeated motions produce different results.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
ItS difficult but bearable to shoot 2 pointers but for the last 20 seconds the threes pointers are painful. With almost an hour of practice I maybe at most got 2 in there. Most are short and exact repeated motions produce different results.
I agree about the shots after the goal moves back. It actually pissed me off for awhile. On the whole though, I'm enjoying the game.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
On the whole though, I'm enjoying the game.
I'm glad to hear that!

I have to confess that I did work on the game so I'm a bit bias :-p but we're really happy with the control mechanism and how the game turned out.

It's easy to pick up and play... I can give it to my friends little brother and he gets shots in... but it takes time before you get consistent shots from every position. Don't give up though! You'll be knocking those down before you know it!

As for the high score list, there are Plus+ achievements associated with those scores so we didn't want them to just be giveaways. After a few times playing I was able to usurp 3 of the 4 players on the list though and now I can consistently score 100+ .

If there's enough feedback that the local scores are too high though you better believe we'll knock 'em down some. We're here to make kick-ass games, not grab a dollar and run!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 AM

After a long nights sleep, picked up the game again, and I still very much dislike it. I've already invested a lot of time in trying to be real good at it, that I don't want to waste anymore.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'm pretty much a litmus test for how hard these things are (As I pretty much suck at flicking a ball). And I had everyone dumb the game down to my level. You don't even have to flick very hard to get the ball to move. Just a good solid swipe up the screen will do it.