• Publisher: ESPN
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 125.6 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: In celebration of 15 years of Winter X Games, weve dropped the price of X Games SnoCross to $0.99.

Pull double back flips all day long for under a buck. And dont forget to watch Winter X Games 15 on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPN3.com / ESPN3D January 27 30.

Catch some big air, show off your best tricks, and wear your medals proudly. Whether youre an amateur or on par with Winter X Games medalists Levi LaVallee and Heath Frisby, ride and compete on courses based on the Winter X Games 14 ScoCross and freestyle competitions.

FEATURES
* 6 SnoCross race tracks and 2 freestyle tracks, including daytime and night events
* Customize your sled and rider or play as Winter X Games medalists Levi LaVallee and Heath Frisby
* X Games Championship career events
* Freestyle mode with competitive scoring system
* 5 player Wi-Fi and 2 player Bluetooth multiplayer
* Multiple camera views
* Various levels of difficulty
* 8 preset control schemes including Responsive Tilt Steering
* Easy to pick up and play with innovative Steer Assist
* Listen to your own music in game
* ESPN BottomLine featuring X Games and sports news
* Graphics based on the Winter X Games broadcasts on ESPN

Watch the game trailer at www.2xlgames.com/snocross and view profile statistics and leaderboards at live.2xlgames.com.
01-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Game looks cool, anyone want to TOFTT?

01-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin View Post
Game looks cool, anyone want to TOFTT?
This looks AWESOME! And it's from 2XL... I just bought GTA, though...

Last edited by russiaone; 01-18-2010 at 03:48 AM.
01-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Hmm, this seems to have come out of nowhere... Video needed. Nothing on YouTube and website says coming soon.
01-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Well,, if you liked the first two offerings from 2XL you might wanna give this a shot. Or if you're an X-Games junkie, why not. Though I'm not gonna ask for a refund, this is basically the first two games, with less tracks and an ESPN-branding. Nothing to write home about.

It seems a bit more polished than the first two games, though. And you'd think a game dealing with snow would have much more of it. This is the last time I support these guys. The SAME DAMN GAME three times. Oh, well. You TOFTT and you learn.

UPDATE!!!

After playing a bit more, I have to say that this is a shameful product. Although it looks as good as the others, there's NOTHING to it. And it's just NOT fun. And now I discover that even if I want a refund Apple doesn't give them anymore.

I mean, even on HARD this app is a cakewalk. These devs are some lazy SOBs. I should've know, though, as you never see them here. And there was absolutely nothing seen of turd beforehand. Pitiful.

2/10 Worst buy EVER!

Post Script

Just plain boring... And I wouldn't be so mad if, at least, there was good use of snow... Maybe one level I'm speeding down the slopes away from an avalanche. SOMETHING! These devs need to call it a day. I'm so pissed off...

LOL! /rant...

Last edited by russiaone; 01-18-2010 at 04:52 AM.
01-18-2010, 05:47 AM
I found 2xl to make some of the best damn looking games on the App Store. I don't care what this guy thinks it looks spectacular and I'm getting it

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
01-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Well,, if you liked the first two offerings from 2XL you might wanna give this a shot. Or if you're an X-Games junkie, why not. Though I'm not gonna ask for a refund, this is basically the first two games, with less tracks and an ESPN-branding. Nothing to write home about.

It seems a bit more polished than the first two games, though. And you'd think a game dealing with snow would have much more of it. This is the last time I support these guys. The SAME DAMN GAME three times. Oh, well. You TOFTT and you learn.

UPDATE!!!

After playing a bit more, I have to say that this is a shameful product. Although it looks as good as the others, there's NOTHING to it. And it's just NOT fun. And now I discover that even if I want a refund Apple doesn't give them anymore.

I mean, even on HARD this app is a cakewalk. These devs are some lazy SOBs. I should've know, though, as you never see them here. And there was absolutely nothing seen of turd beforehand. Pitiful.

2/10 Worst buy EVER!

Post Script

Just plain boring... And I wouldn't be so mad if, at least, there was good use of snow... Maybe one level I'm speeding down the slopes away from an avalanche. SOMETHING! These devs need to call it a day. I'm so pissed off...

LOL! /rant...

If you want a refund, go to the iTunes support page and say that you purchased the product accidentally, and they'll give you a refund. You'll get to keep the game, but no redownloading/updates. Didn't do it myself, but I did get a refund for a very glitchy app.
01-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I found 2xl to make some of the best damn looking games on the App Store. I don't care what this guy thinks it looks spectacular and I'm getting it
Like yourself, I'm a graphics whore... But if you've played the first two 2XL games this is nothing new... And there's a snow level in the ATV games. Play that over and over and you've played this new game. Without the sno TVs of course
01-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Like yourself, I'm a graphics whore... But if you've played the first two 2XL games this is nothing new... And there's a snow level in the ATV games. Play that over and over and you've played this new game. Without the sno TVs of course
Ok I get you now. I personally liked the first two 2xl games (Im a fan of anything racing) so I believe I will still enjoy this. From what you said this is just ATV Offroad with the length of Supercross but on snowmobiles. I felt like Snow Moto Racing could have been better so I'm happy to pick up this title, especially since I enjoy 2xl's graphics and their racing game style.

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Shame. The graphics are stellar. But is the game being easy a dealbreaker? Surely it's still fun? Or is it like Shaun White - good but capable of being so much more? Because I was really let down by that game.