Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Default Sharing apps between iPod Touch and iPhone

Hello,
I have an iPod Touch with several apps that I have purchased. This device syncs to my MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to activate these on my new iPhone 3G S. More than anything, I have an app on my iPod Touch that is no longer available in the App Store. This app is still listed under my Applications in my iTunes.
1) Can I activate the apps that I have installed on iPod Touch onto my new iPhone?
2) Can I move the app that is no longer available in the App Store from my iPod Touch to my new iPhone?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 AM

I donít think you have to do anything: if an app is bought on any one device, it will sync back to your library and be on your computer, as youíve seen. Then when you sync ANY device, all apps are available.

When you synch your new iPhone, everything should just be there without you doing anything special.

However, unless Iím mistaken, your DATA for each app wonít be transferred. So, for instance, if you have high scores on your iPod, youíll have a different set of high scored on the iPhone. (Except when an app uses an online service that you log into to keep in sync maybe?)
Old 02-06-2010, 02:39 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Like what Adams said, everything in your library can be synced to unlimited numbers of devices you own, as long as you do it from the computer that is authorized with your account. I'm not sure about the apps that are no longer available though.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

If you set up your iPhone with the same Apple ID as you used for your Touch, then the apps you've already purchased should be available to download to your iPhone from the "cloud". Go into the app store on your iPhone, and under "Updates" there will be a section called "Purchased". This should list all the apps you've purchased on that ID.
[URL="http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-transfer-iphone-music-video-to-ipod-on-pc.html"]How to transfer iPhone music/video files to iPod[/URL]
[URL="http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-transfer-ipod-music-videos-to-iphone-on-pc.html"]How to transfer iPod music/videos/apps to iPhone 4[/URL]

Regards,
Angela

Last edited by angelamark; 06-20-2012 at 05:06 AM..