Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Default WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic

Youtube link | Pop Up

"WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - U96" (name was "Arcade Missions" before) …Winter 2014 for iOS

Youtube link | Pop Up

12/2013 - Current visual state of the game (quality settings of iPhone 4S / iPod touch 5)

older…

Current look of the game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

"WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic"™
Update 21/09/2012

Announcing "WOTA: Seehund Type XXVIIb"

(A kind of special preview version of WOTA)

Youtube link | Pop Up

(Video shows the current water running on the iPhone 3GS)

"WOTA: Seehund Type XXVIIb" will be the first release of the "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic" series.

It's about midget submarines only, so you can think about it as a kind of reduced version of the final WOTA subsim - to increase development speed it will offer less types of enemy ships and because it's about midgets it will use a portion of the map limited to the historical area of operations and range of the Seehund.

You want to help me to finish the project(s)?: Just spread the word!

Now to answer the most important question: WHEN?

The plan is to submit it to Apple in…(EDIT: when the damned thing is finally finished)…. Which means you possibly won't see that many types of ships in the initial release of the midget subsim.

OUTDATED:

"WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic"™
Update 27/11/2011
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Currently improving the game world...
Picture of the new Waves:

VIDEO: The new waves and first test of the new floating system:
(Movie taken from iPhone 3GS screen with iSight camera - colors don't match, shader not the newest one like above)

Youtube link | Pop Up

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ will run on ARM7 iOS devices only (iPhone3GS, iPod touch 3 (not the entry model), iPod touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad and later).

Usually more info on the Facebook Page of WOTA.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Original posting 03-07-2010 (older graphics):

You might have noticed that Silent Hunter for iPhone comes out these days.

SH won't be your only possible choice for a submarine simulation in the future.
After one year of work it's time to present a first preview of "WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic"™

"WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic"™ for iPhone and iPod touch.
(C) 2009-2011 by Mark Hessburg. (Currently in development)

A full scale U-Boat simulation, career orientated game play (1939-1945), the Game World contains the whole Atlantic, North Sea and Mediterranean Sea. You won't be limited to fight your Battles just in tiny static Missions. Dynamic Campaign and Wolfpacks! All important german WWII U-Boats Classes can be used in the Game - including interiors!

The game is currently in development and I am searching a publisher.

Watch a first preview VIDEO here http://www.wolves-of-the-atlantic.com

More WOTA videos on my Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkHessburg

Some screenshots:

Last edited by VIC20; 02-15-2014 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

The video was hard to understand... will you be able to shoot other ships, etc. or is this just a sim where you can wander around?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:53 PM

You will be able to do everything that you can do in a full scale Desktop PC Submarine Simulator like Silent Hunter & Co.
The video does not show the game play, it just shows how the "flying camera" mode looks like

Last edited by VIC20; 03-07-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 01:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC20 View Post
You will be able to do everything that you can do in a full scale Desktop PC Submarine Simulator like Silent Hunter & Co.
Ah, I see. To keep in mind for your next video - try to make it show much more of the gameplay and make it less like a movie. Instead of understanding how the game actually went, I just felt like it was the trailer to a movie.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Ah, I see. To keep in mind for your next video - try to make it show much more of the gameplay and make it less like a movie. Instead of understanding how the game actually went, I just felt like it was the trailer to a movie.
Agreed. I've not really got any idea what the gameplay is from either the video or the screenshots. But a full on sim would be interesting. Hope its not too far away.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is there any specific adaptation for the iPad because this game will work the best on it IMO
Old 03-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Yes, I will try to support the iPad as best as possible. But i need to get my hands on one to do that.

By the way: my App SunGPS http://itunes.apple.com/app/sungps/id340135272?mt=8
Uses Code from "WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic" to calculate the position of the sun based on your GPS position.
This just shows how serious I take the simulation part of the game even when it comes to the environmental parts.

Last edited by VIC20; 03-07-2010 at 02:57 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks good. Count me in!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:15 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Hello VIC, I think it is fantastic to see a project like this on the iPhone. I wish you good good luck with it!

I recommend making a post about it on the forums over at Subsim.com - that's where all the big sub sim fans hang out on the internet and I'm sure there are folks there that would love to know about it.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
Hello VIC, I think it is fantastic to see a project like this on the iPhone. I wish you good good luck with it!

I recommend making a post about it on the forums over at Subsim.com - that's where all the big sub sim fans hang out on the internet and I'm sure there are folks there that would love to know about it.
Just done that at subsim.com - thank you!

I'm embedding some videos of my channel directly into this thread for easier access:

Main Preview - mostly taken from the flying camera, shows also parts of the submarine interior (but untextured)

Youtube link | Pop Up

This video shows how to use the Map (whole Atlantic & Mediterranean Sea) and how easy it is to edit Waypoints:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This video shows how easy you can steer the flying camera and how quickly you can switch between the GUI elements for steering (best is that they are really large and transparent but they still look like the real ones and you can still see everything and change camera views while these huge GUI elements are shown.

Youtube link | Pop Up