Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Pocket Legends for iPad (realtime 3D MMORPG) available NOW!

Please post in this thread with specific comments and questions about the iPad version of our realtime 3D MMORPG!

Available for the iPad today! (iPhone and iPod Touch versions are currently in review.)

Special thanks to those of you who helped us beta-test! We really appreciate your professionalism and discretion. You have helped shape the game into what it is now and we can’t thank you enough!

Full Disclosure for everyone else: We have been known on this site as ClockRocket Games; developers of Zombie Weatherman, Shotgun Granny, and a few other little things here and there. Last November we enlisted some of the more active TA members for our secret alpha.

- The Spacetime Studios Dev Team

www.spacetimestudios.com
Come hang out with us on Facebook!

Last edited by salsamd; 04-07-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:43 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Anyone with an iPad have a chance to try this? It's free, I figured someone would have downloaded it by now...
Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Ok just tried it for a few minutes it seems cool. You create an account and then log into the game. The game is free and I did not have to give any useful information to create the account. I created a character and jumped into the game. I joined an existing game but you can create your own, kind of like diablo. The five minutes I played was fun, no lag that I could tell. I played an archer and was in a group with an enchanter and a warrior. I can't say if the game is deep or just a grind fest because of the limited play time, but it felt like a good game.

Ok after playing for a bit, this game is polished unlike any mulitplayer game I have played on the phone, I have not play CoD.

Last edited by Taragon; 04-03-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

I played very briefly, but I was very very impressed with the little I saw. There was no lag and graphics are very crisp. The controls can either be virtual pad or click where you wanna go(which is the default). There is no one really online yet, so we will see how the lag does when the servers get populated. The game was very intuitive to control. I think this could be a legit MMO.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taragon View Post
Ok just tried it for a few minutes it seems cool. You create an account and then log into the game. The game is free and I did not have to give any useful information to create the account. I created a character and jumped into the game. I joined an existing game but you can create your own, kind of like diablo. The five minutes I played was fun, no lag that I could tell. I played an archer and was in a group with an enchanter and a warrior. I can't say if the game is deep or just a grind fest because of the limited play time, but it felt like a good game.
Can you please make a gameplay video for uss non ipad owners ( yet ) ?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Got to play for awhile today. It's actually pretty fun. Controls could be a little better but once you get used to them it's not bad. Not a lot of people online when i got on but im sure that will change soon. Kind of like s cute scalled done version of WoW.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:58 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Please forgive the quality of the video. I used my iPhone to record it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBW67h5...ient=mv-google

Last edited by gsspzcw; 04-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Added video
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsspzcw View Post
Please forgive the quality of the video. I used my iPhone to record it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBW67h5...ient=mv-google
Thanks for the video! The quality is actually quite good.

It looks really fun. I can't wait to play as the archer!

But alas, I don't have an iPad. I'll have to wait for Apple to approve it. Why do they approve all the crap and take their sweet time with the good stuff?!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:33 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Hey for those of you that have an iPad and have been playing Pocket Legends, can you answer a couple questions?

1.) Can you see how many dungeon/level packs there are for purchase?

2.) How much does each pack cost?

I'm trying to determine the total cost of purchasing all the dungeons in the game, but I haven't seen one ounce of info on price.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBasher View Post
Anyone with an iPad have a chance to try this? It's free, I figured someone would have downloaded it by now...
My girlfriend spent a few hours playing it on my iPad. She liked it a lot (but she’s never played MMPORPGs before). There was at least one other person in her group with an iPad (I think all of them must have been on the iPad since there is no iPhone version). That said, it didn’t seem very busy. She was a Wizard and I think I saw a couple fighters and an archer. Party size never was greater than three.

Not sure about the in game purchases since it wasn't me playing.

BTW, messaging is sort of a pain. If only because she's not used to the iPad keyboard yet.

Last edited by tychay; 04-03-2010 at 11:57 PM..