App description: Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project Dark Void is back! To commemorate the games humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled Dark Void Zero.

In this critically acclaimed 8-bit de-make, you play as Rusty, warrior test-pilot and Nikola Teslas trusted friend. With the help of your state-of-the-art rocket pack, blast through three deliciously retro levels of baddies in your quest to close Portal X and save the human race!
------------------------------------------------
What the critics are saying about Dark Void Zero on DSiWare:

* "Dark Void Zero would have been considered a "classic" had it been made 25 years ago, and today, it's a retro-style blast." IGN

* "It succeeds in virtually every aspect of its execution...this fantastic piece of software is an absolute must-own." Nintendo World Report

* "If you're a fan of classic 8-bit action titlesthis is definitely a game you'll want to add to your [game] collection. And if you're not a fan, this wildly enjoyable title might just make one out of you." Nintendo Life

* "It doesn't matter whether your first gaming system had knobs, a directional pad, or dual analog thumbsticks: Dark Void Zero's tight action and delightful presentation are sure to entertain." GameSpot
KEY FEATURES (Online features are English-only):
- Strap on your jetpack and blast through three levels of intense 8-bit action in Capcoms retro de-make Dark Void Zero!

- Take control of 5 experimental weapons!

- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Top scores! Speed runs! Can you be the best?

- ACHIEVEMENTS: Hone your skills and score bragging rights with 30 OpenFeint achievements!

- FRIENDS: Add your Facebook friends and compete for top honors!

- iPhone SECRET ENDING: What's this? A brand-new never-before-seen ending? Only the best of the best will survive to see it!

- 8-bit graphics and "De-Mastered" Dark Void Zero score by Bear McCreary!
Check out other awesome games from Capcom: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2010, Are You Smarter Than A 5TH Grader? 2010, Mega Man® II, KENKEN®, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Resident Evil® 4 GhostsN Goblins, Street Fighter® IV and more!

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CapcomMobile
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CapcomMobile

buzzbr's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dark-void-zero/id365336543?mt=8

Big day, huh?
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Last edited by Kunning; 04-12-2010 at 07:29 PM.

04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
lol gotta love that "Blow on the cartridge to continue" screenshot.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Wow 14MB? The Steam version is like 200MB. Picking up both though

Current: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, 3DS XL, Vita
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Can you report back on the difference? I'm down for both too if it's a good one. I love this game. Have the DS version already and rarely play it since I don't carry my DS everyplace. The iPhone though, that's a different story...
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelrose View Post
Can you report back on the difference? I'm down for both too if it's a good one. I love this game. Have the DS version already and rarely play it since I don't carry my DS everyplace. The iPhone though, that's a different story...
Yeah, same here sort of. Except I didn't buy it on the DSi, because... I barely play it anymore And it was just last night that I found out it was coming to the iPhone, so I'm definitely jumping on it now
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Yeah, same here sort of. Except I didn't buy it on the DSi, because... I barely play it anymore And it was just last night that I found out it was coming to the iPhone, so I'm definitely jumping on it now
I have the DSi version and it's fun and challenging. Picking up this version to see how it compares.
04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
This is the first version I've seen, so I have nothing to compare it to but this is a blast. Holy NES Batman!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah give us impressions of the controls of the game someone. I didn't want to get it cause maybe Capcom messed up on the controls again on the iPad/iPhone.
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
So is this game hard? Are there continues/saves?