★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 211.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Suit up and rocket into the action as Iron Man or War Machine in the official movie game on iPad.

Play as Iron Man for speed and agility or suit up as War Machine for maximum firepower. Both suits offer easy-to-learn controls and the ability to run, hover and fly at will. Youll also have the chance to jump into the Mark IV, Mark VI, Stealth and underwater suits. Whether you prefer to pound your foes in melee combat with your fists or to lay down the destruction from a far with your weapons, you can upgrade your suit after each stage with improved weaponry and abilities to devastate your foes.

Based on the most anticipated film of the year, Iron Man 2 delivers all the same action and excitement youd expect from the movie with epic battles and massive enemies that will leave your chest pounding.

Tony Starks enemies have their own super suited droness and they want to take Iron Man and War Machine down. Fight Ultimo, Firepower, Whiplash and armies of other enemies to prove that the only the original armored hero is the best.

Battle across 9 locations across the globe constructed in full 3D, from Stark Expo in New York to a jungle war zone in Somalia.

Get charged for battle with a powerful rock metal soundtrack including the rock classic, Iron Man.

Connect to Gameloft Live and unlock 25 different achievements that you show off to friends and prove youre a real Iron Man.

Also available from Gameloft on iPad: N.O.V.A.-Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD, Lets Golf! HD, Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD, Real Soccer 2010 HD, Dungeon Hunter HD, Uno HD & NFL 2010 HD.

*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or go read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/ ***

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

salsamd's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/iron-man-2-for-ipad-lite/id383169024?mt=8
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I was curious enough to pick it up -- will report soon.

05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Curiously, the stated MB footprint is less then the iphone version, although the image textures/details appear improved...

"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
05-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Textures look the same to me. Character models are the same as well. There seems to be less pop-in, though. Still, clearly this is not worth it for anyone who already has the iPhone version.
05-03-2010, 07:02 PM
The screens make the iPad version look noticeably (and maybe even much) better than the iPhone version. The in-game textures look better, there's extra shading effects in the iPad version, the smoke looks more realistic in the first screen. Additionally, anything that isn't close on the iPhone version has drastically reduced textures, while the iPad version appears to keep the entire world high quality. I could go on as there are probably more differences in-game, but the iPad version looks impressive, especially more so than the iPhone version, to sum what I've noticed. I might have to pick this up later tonight, I haven't purchased any Gameloft games yet for my iPad since they were all enhanced version of iPhone games I already owned that I didn't care for enough to pay for them again and replay them.

Since the iPad version takes up less megabytes than the iPhone version, maybe the cutscenes in the iPhone version are pre-rendered videos and the iPad renders them in realtime? I haven't played either yet, so that's just speculation.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad

Last edited by MICHAELSD; 05-03-2010 at 07:12 PM.
05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Or maybe when they were building the iPad version they just ended up using better compression methods.
07-28-2010, 03:35 AM
I want to buy the game, but I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, so at this point I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray release. Maybe this will be on sale during the winter.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad
07-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Now $.99, limited time

Twitter: @niezam - Game Center: niezam
07-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Don't ya just love these .99 sales. Just bought this and Brothers In Arms 2 for my iPad, show me the HD love baby