★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The most downloaded 3D tower defense strategy game on the iPhone has been enhanced for the iPad and includes split-screen multiplayer! Winner of the prestigious Pocket Gamer Readers' Choice iPad Game of the Year Award!

Evil aliens are coming to turn your beloved sheep into intergalactic scarves! Protect the flock using only quick thinking and the arsenal of upgradeable weaponry at your disposal.

"Addictive, time-sucking fun. There are plenty of tower defense strategy games out there, but TowerMadness brings the genre to a new level."
- Brian X Chen, Wired

"If youre a fan of Tower Defense games, do yourself a huge favor and check out TowerMadness."
- Jon Phillips, MacLife

"It would be madness to miss this game...it comes highly recommended."
- Spanner Spencer, PocketGamer

WINNER, Best App Ever Awards, Best Strategy Game
FINALIST, Pocket Gamer Awards, Best Strategy/Simulation Game
A Wired Favorite iPhone App
A MacLife App of the Year

A UNIQUE 3D TOWER DEFENSE EXPERIENCE
Play from an aerial view or zoom down to first person and get close to the action.

LOTS OF LEVELS
Over 100 maps in diverse environments (35 available as expansion map packs).

ALIENS!
Think fast to defeat the 17 different types of alien enemies intent on stealing your sheep.

GUNS, LOTS OF GUNS
Over 60 diverse weapons and upgrades.

ENDLESS FUN
Endless mode lets you see how many waves you can withstand.

COMPETITION
Global leaderboards, Game Center achievements, and Friend Scores so you can compare scores with your friends and the millions of players worldwide.

LETS SEE THAT AGAIN!
Replays let you learn new strategies or share your games with the world through Twitter, Facebook, or email.

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
Two-player split screen battle mode featuring RoboSteal, the sheep stealing alien robot you can unleash upon your opponent.

CUSTOMER LOYALTY BONUS
Transfer any in app purchases made in the iPhone version of TowerMadness to TowerMadness HD for FREE! Visit support.limbic.com for details.

Search for our other award-winning games: Zombie Gunship and Nuts!

seyoon's comments:

Based on the recent TA front page article, this is not a simple "blown out port over from the iPhone version". TowerMadness HD comes with a split-screen multiplayer mode.

http://toucharcade.com/2010/05/14/to...for-your-ipad/

05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Be prepared to pay again for the flame thrower and the marsh pack (assuming you bought them for the iPhone version). I don't mind paying $8 for a polished iPad version but I was dismayed to find that my in-app purchases didn't carry over.

Edit: they DO carry! Just install the iPhone version on your iPad and under options, select: restore purchases. Then launch the iPad version. A bit tricky, but they are most likely laboring under app store idiosyncrasies.

Worth the $8, in my opinion. The best thing about the iPad is concurrent multiplayer on 1 device, and this game takes full advantage.

Last edited by Ubisububi; 05-23-2010 at 12:21 AM.

05-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Be prepared to pay again for the flame thrower and the marsh pack (assuming you bought them for the iPhone version). I don't mind paying $8 for a polished iPad version but I was dismayed to find that my in-app purchases didn't carry over.
How many in app purchases are there?
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Now that's just sad. I hope the devs can chime in on that. Arash and Iman are good members of TA.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
05-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
How many in app purchases are there?
There are 2.

The devs PM'd me and told how to get credit for the purchases. See my previous post.

Last edited by Ubisububi; 05-23-2010 at 12:23 AM.
05-22-2010, 11:50 PM
First of all, wahoo! We're so excited to see TM HD finally on the store.

Second, purchases are carried over from the iPhone versions. Here's the procedure:
  1. Install whichever app you used to originally purchase the add-ons, onto your iPad.
  2. Go to the options and Restore In App Purchases.
  3. Launch TowerMadness HD. Voila! Flamethrower / Marsh Madness are now unlocked for free.
  4. You can now delete the iPhone version from your iPad. The purchases should remain unlocked on your iPad forever. If they ever disappear for any reason, repeat these steps.

Limbic would never make you do something so silly as to buy the same thing twice!

Arash Keshmirian | @akgfx
Co-Founder and CEO, Limbic
Developers of TowerMadness, Nuts! and Zombie Gunship
05-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Nice game. Purchased it and played one hour. I am no huge TD fan ... I only play Plants vs Zombies.

But this one is pretty fun so far.

Greetings,
Sascha

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
05-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Buggy

Hi,
small Update after some more playing. I purchased the new maps and the flame weapon. But after every restart of the game I have to redownload them.

Second: I cannot access the maps I purchased! The program says I have to buy ... if I click the "Buy" button it says "installed" ... but I cannot play those six maps I have paid for ...

So it seems the Beta Test was more than lazy ...

Regards,
Sascha

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
05-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arash View Post
First of all, wahoo! We're so excited to see TM HD finally on the store.

Second, purchases are carried over from the iPhone versions. Here's the procedure:
  1. Install whichever app you used to originally purchase the add-ons, onto your iPad.
  2. Go to the options and Restore In App Purchases.
  3. Launch TowerMadness HD. Voila! Flamethrower / Marsh Madness are now unlocked for free.
  4. You can now delete the iPhone version from your iPad. The purchases should remain unlocked on your iPad forever. If they ever disappear for any reason, repeat these steps.

Limbic would never make you do something so silly as to buy the same thing twice!
Same here.
Where is "restore in app purchases" ?
(On Mac OS X)
BTW I love the game...
05-23-2010, 04:50 PM
okay i have a problem with the game...
I bought the flamethrower and the map pack, it was all working but when i restarted the app everything was gone! So i did the restore in app purchases but it says that i must do that with the account that bought the game. The problem is this is the account that i used to buy it! Now i can't access what i've payed for...

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.