App description: Embark on an epic adventure with the fantastic digging machine. Travel the world in search of ancient artifacts, lost civilizations, and unimaginable treasure. Level editor included.

Manage fuel, temperature, damage, cargo space, oxygen, etc while searching for underground diggins. Sell your rare collection of artifacts to earn cash. Use cash to upgrade your digging machine, make repairs, or purchase additional supplies. Discover new hazards, such as ocean currents, methane gas pockets, geo-thermal vents, and a new species unknown to man...

Exclusive features only for the iPad:
* All new user interface
* Updated graphics taking full advantage of the iPads GPU
* Create, edit, and share your own levels with the built-in level editor
* Downloadable additional levels free for endless gameplay

5 unique locations around the world:
* Mid-West United States
* Antarctic tundra
* South American Amazon
* South Asian Ocean
* Eastern European Cavern

Plus:
* 8-12 hours of game-play in the campaign
* Hours of additional challenges
* Freeplay modes
* Dozens of new supplies available to help along the way
06-17-2010, 06:36 AM
As much as I love the look of this game, I don't think I can justify the price. It would be a casual game for me and my limit for casual is around 5$.

06-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chod View Post
As much as I love the look of this game, I don't think I can justify the price. It would be a casual game for me and my limit for casual is around 5$.
I want it too, and I agree about the price.

5 would be perfect, especially since the iphone version is 3 bucks
06-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Wow. Yeah, looks good, but like the others above me said, there's no way I'm going to spend $10 on it. I'll wait until it's down to $5 like I did with Geometry Wars.
06-17-2010, 07:16 AM
I really wanted this but gotta agree about the price. Hopefully we will see a 50% off sale.

Check out my photoblog wolfhuntphotos.deviantart.com
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
I love the iPhone versions and I was so looking forward to this game. The price has really turned me off though I have to say.
06-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey Devs or anybody who has picked this up,

Will I be able to access all 5 regions for Free Play without bothering with any of the Campaign?

Also, with the ability to edit levels, will it still contain robust randomized levels or have they gone to completely scripted levels now?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I was excited when I saw this - it looks like a really fun game, but I'm with the other commenters; ten bucks seems like a lot ! I hope there is a sale, because I'd pick it up for five dollars, for sure !

I'm also curious to get reviews from people who have tried the iPad version !

Guy
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I agree I have been waiting for this one and am completely shocked it is more than $5. I am not usually one to complain about pricing but will wait for a sale on this one..
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Count me in too. I already bought both iphone games. I bid 5 bucks.