Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-20-2010, 03:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Land Air Sea Warfare v1.1 - RTS Like Total Annihilation

Also check out Land Air Sea Warfare HD for iPad now available!

Apple took their sweet time reviewing the update, its finally online now though! I have taken some screen shots highlighting some of the changes in the update. Over 80 changes total, you can see them all at the bottom of the help file.

New Icon! FYI the badge symbol is used in the game to represent mega units rank user request

New UI with pause button added. When the game is paused you can read the tutorial, issue orders, select and inspect units, queue units at factories, scroll around the map, change groups, and makes selecting and targeting aircraft much easier! user request
Elite units that gain experience levels with more kills and display medals based on level and tech.
Change orders directly on the unit info pane. user request
Touch the credits indicator to immediately move the view to your HQ.

Confirmation dialog for firing ICBM. user request

Option to display health bars when units are attacked. user request

When you destroy units that are still under construction you get 100% of the ore back, if its already built you salvage up to 50% of the ore if the unit wasn't attacked within the last 30 seconds, the amount salvaged is cost * armor / maxarmor. this is so if your HQ is wiped out and you don't have enough ore to build another you can salvage buildings and units to build another HQ

Enabled touch and drag to create many units at once (for power cells, wind turbines, storage tanks, and walls), enable by creating a unit and then touching the[*] button. user request

NOT IN THIS UPDATE This will be in a future update. A preview of the new tactical map, it's a big minimap mode with detailed icons so you can have an immediate overhead view of the whole battle with more details than the minimap can provide. The idea is to be able to fully command units, queue factories, and inspect units map wide at once.

Last edited by Rasterman; 10-06-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Love the new icon
Old 06-20-2010, 04:22 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

The new icon looks much better, but I would prefer it if the letters said "LASW" instead of "RTS".
Old 06-20-2010, 04:28 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by csklimowski View Post
The new icon looks much better, but I would prefer it if the letters said "LASW" instead of "RTS".
I thought about that, but anyone looking at the app will see the title Land Air Sea Warfare next to it, so LASW is a waste, and I wanted to help inform new users that the game is a real RTS and not just a tower defense type game. I also plan on changing the app name on your device from Warfare to LASW in the next update.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:29 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Nice patch but I'm not sure new threads for patches are allowed?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:37 PM
iPhone 4

A great game, now greater.

I just wish it was orientation-aware. It's awkward to play on the iphone while wearing headphones, or on the iPad withe the Apple stand/cover. A fix for this would be highly appreciated!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterman View Post
I thought about that, but anyone looking at the app will see the title Land Air Sea Warfare next to it, so LASW is a waste, and I wanted to help inform new users that the game is a real RTS and not just a tower defense type game. I also plan on changing the app name on your device from Warfare to LASW in the next update.
Perfect. I wanted to be able to see the full title instead of just "warfare" on my home screen, so changing the app title will help that.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
Nice patch but I'm not sure new threads for patches are allowed?
Depends on how big the game/update/discussion is; just look at Pocket God, it has a new thread every update and we close the previos ones.

---

The new update is awesome but im already getting my butt kicked Doesn't the AI know it's not allowed to attack me before I build my defenses!? Cheater...

I also can't get the fast building for the power cells. Can someone explain how to do it so I don't have to tap and place each one individually?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

In the last patch, (didn't try it in the new one yet) I usually built like a square of them then drag selected them then press the fast build button. That would make all of them fast build.

And the tactical map looks nice, maybe make it so you can zoom in on it so you can choose your units more precisely.

Last edited by Rannoc; 06-20-2010 at 05:17 PM..
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

K, a couple of things I can't pause the game? And yes I'm hitting the pause button, also how do I make multiple buildings at once? I don't see a * anywhere?

And how do I get the first icon, I got the one that has RTS on it, I wanted the one with the Magne Lase.