★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: UPDATE 2013 - RETINA DISPLAYED - UPDATE 2013 - FULL HD

"It draws its strength from its unashamed inspiration, offering a tight, fully-featured and excellently crafted platformer that really raises the bar for the AppStore"(toucharcade.com)

"Giana Sisters is definitely a worthy addition to your game library.... Giana Sisters is among the best platform games for the iPhone" (touchgen.com)

When idols die - legends are born!
More than 25 years ago Armin Gessert developed with GIANA SISTERS one of the first Jump'n Run games for the Commodore 64. The console manufacturers got anxious and tried to stop the sisters. The end seemed close. But they failed and GIANA SISTERS with packaging has become a rare collector's item.

The legend is back, better and bigger than ever before. To use the potential of current devices we improved the graphics and controls. Today the game captivates through its full HD graphic and a new userfriendly menustructure.

The game offers everything a real Jump'n Run game needs. Perfectly balanced for hours of fun on all current iOS devices.

Freed from the dust of decades, GIANA SISTERS always retains its cherished style, familiar features and the legendary original soundtrack in a fresh revision. By then the polished 32 fully restored classic levels will cause teary eyes to many fans of the original version!

Today the sisters celebrate their jump on the hitlists of the gaming world. Including a lot of new adventures, retro feeling and modern design:

- 80 completely new adventures
- 32 retro level
- superbright Full HD graphic
- 5 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- legendary soundtrack, inspired by Chris Huelsbeck
- freely selectable controls
- Game Center

We love to play Giana Sisters as well and we act on the principle: Bug reported. Bug fixed.

Feel free to send us your questions and suggestions to: support@kaasa.com

HAPPY JUMPING!
Your Kaasa team!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

02-08-2010, 05:59 AM
YAY! Happy time for platformer lovers!

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

02-08-2010, 06:01 AM
wow, bit out of the blue.

if the frame rate is silky smooth this could be a winner!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
02-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Awesome, I got to have this. What a great day
02-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Very curious about the framerate on iPhone 3G.

Is it as smooth as Soosiz or Rick Rocketson?

or is it choppy like Castle of Magic?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
02-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Highly recommended to platform game lovers if this is the same as the DS version. (And it looks it.)
02-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Highly recommended to platform game lovers if this is the same as the DS version. (And it looks it.)
Thanks, Gabrien. I've been looking forward to this one since it was announced in the Upcoming Section. Looks fantastic.
02-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Thanks, Gabrien. I've been looking forward to this one since it was announced in the Upcoming Section. Looks fantastic.
I'm looking forward to it as well. Only need for controls to work (I honestly doubt they could mess up the frame rate...) for this to be close to the best platformer on iTouch/Phone. Nowhere near as much competition in that department here as there is on the DS.
02-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Well, there's a blast from the past. Well, sorta, considering it's gotten a modern facelift. Woulda been nice if they included a retro mode though.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Looks really nice, never tried it on my DS. Will probably get this later when it hits the US, my NZ account is empty...