• Publisher: Telltale Inc
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 337.9 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Telltale really did a fantastic job with the look and feel of Wallace & Gromit -IGN

"Anyone looking for a fun-filled, zany adventure should look no further animation is top notch, nailing the look and feel of the Wallace and Gromit short films." -Family Friendly Gaming

"Everything about Last Resort feels authentic. Voice acting is superb, production values are extremely high, and the pace is wonderfully assembled. Telltale games has done a wonderful job of recreating the simple clay-mation style of the films." -Blast Magazine

"As soon as you load up The Last Resort youll notice that the presentation is spot on to the much loved Aardman Animation classics. From the instantly recognisable brass band music to the claymation characters and the wacky inventions, this title just oozes the charm people have come to expect from the W&G brand." -HiScore

About The Last Resort

When unrelenting rain ruins their holiday plans, Wallace & Gromit bring the beach to 62 West Wallaby with a makeshift resort in their basement. Keeping customers satisfied is tricky business, especially when one of them is clocked on the head by an unknown assailant. Whodunnit? Find out... with a little help from Wallace's latest invention, the Deduct-o-matic!

Wallace & Gromit turn their basement into a beach resort when rains derail their holiday plans. After a resort guest gets bonked by an unknown assailant, Gromit and the Deduct-o-matic invention must solve the case!

Includes subtitles for German, French, Spanish, Italian

Note: As a graphics rich 3D app, this game will play best if you don't have other apps running at the same time.

1. Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the device for a few seconds until the screen displays the message 'slide to power off.'
2. Power off the device by moving the slider.
3. Hold down the sleep/wake button again until the device powers back on.
4. When the home screen is displayed, relaunch the game.

MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES:

Walking Dead: The Game
Back to the Future
Monkey Island Tales
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Puzzle Agent
Sam & Max: The Penal Zone

Gift this App: Click the arrow next to Buy App on the iTunes® App Store.

Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at
TelltaleGames.com
facebook.com/TelltaleGames
twitter.com/TelltaleGames
youtube.com/TelltaleGames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Full Res Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Telltale Games released this, but they still didn't update the first episode of Sam and Max as promised or release the second episode yet. This doesn't look bad, though.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad

07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELSD View Post
Telltale Games released this, but they still didn't update the first episode of Sam and Max as promised or release the second episode yet. This doesn't look bad, though.
Telltale has said on their forums that they have run into performance issues with ep2 of Sam and Max.

Right now their plate is full but they would like to get back to finishing the series...someday. *sigh*
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Can anyone explain what kind of game this is? Or point me to a video?

Thanks
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
It's like monkey island or broken sword
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
This is a fun, high quality game at a very low price. I got it and recommend it to anyone that likes lighthearted, funny stories.
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipa View Post
This is a fun, high quality game at a very low price. I got it and recommend it to anyone that likes lighthearted, funny stories.
Do you own Sam & Max? Did you have issues with Sam & Max's performance? Does this have any performance issues?
(sorry for the question attack but I've been waiting all day to hear impressions)

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey songbird, I have sam and max and I must say that the telltale folks must have done their homework. This game is much better, the sound doesnt get stuck, the loading is shorter between scenes and it plays much smoother. There are some instances of slowdown in the bigger areas but nothing even close to sam and max.

I'm having a lot of fun with it.
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah i just got it too. I'm not having any framerate issues either like I did with Sam & Max. Pretty good good high quality game so far.
07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipa View Post
Hey songbird, I have sam and max and I must say that the telltale folks must have done their homework. This game is much better, the sound doesnt get stuck, the loading is shorter between scenes and it plays much smoother. There are some instances of slowdown in the bigger areas but nothing even close to sam and max.

I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Yeah i just got it too. I'm not having any framerate issues either like I did with Sam & Max. Pretty good good high quality game so far.
Awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question and post impressions. One last question and I'm sold, do you have any idea how long the game is?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!