Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Default Tyrian update adds iPad compatibility

The universal build for the Lite version just got approved. The full version is expected to be approved shortly...
Update: the update for the full version was rejected and the application pulled from the store... We are trying to resolve this with apple AppStore team.. Stay tuned... You can still get the lite version of the game

UPDATE: 09/23/10 - After 3 months, 5 rejections, 2 removals and countless calls and emails the full version is again available for sale.

What's new:
Compatibility with iOS4
Compatibility with iPad
iPad version features:
- More accurate music / fx emulation
- 44Khz CD quality music
- GUI and controls re-design to better fit iPad
screen.
- new visual effects

Last edited by mobilainteractive; 09-23-2010 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Status change
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Going universal? WOW thanks!!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to play this optimized for the iPad. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:47 AM

Yay, great day today! First Monkey Island 2, now Tyrian and later today Germany - Spain
And an universal App is even better since i already got it for the iPhone.
Buy it folks, its without a doubt the best shoot em up out there and ever existed. Tons of weapons and upgrades, many differend levels, enviroments, enemies and bosses. Great music and graphics, just everything you can wish for

Nontheless, i've just tried the lite and there seems to be a slight problem on the ipad with the buttons to upgrade the front and rear weapons. Pressing on the arrows doesnt do anything, instead you have to press more on the lower left side. I've made a picture to show where approximately you have to press, seems as if the iPhone-controls could have been in that position.

And in the ingame options, the detail-level was set on "wild", i clicked it to look what other options there are and now i cant get back to wild. No dealbreaker, but especially the upgrade buttons need to be fixed. The campaign mode is practically unplayable if you cant upgrade the weapons, and i assume many people wont find out that they can press on the lower left.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrgrvsh View Post
Yay, great day today! First Monkey Island 2, now Tyrian and later today Germany - Spain
And an universal App is even better since i already got it for the iPhone.
Buy it folks, its without a doubt the best shoot em up out there and ever existed. Tons of weapons and upgrades, many differend levels, enviroments, enemies and bosses. Great music and graphics, just everything you can wish for

Nontheless, i've just tried the lite and there seems to be a slight problem on the ipad with the buttons to upgrade the front and rear weapons. Pressing on the arrows doesnt do anything, instead you have to press more on the lower left side. I've made a picture to show where approximately you have to press, seems as if the iPhone-controls could have been in that position.

And in the ingame options, the detail-level was set on "wild", i clicked it to look what other options there are and now i cant get back to wild. No dealbreaker, but especially the upgrade buttons need to be fixed. The campaign mode is practically unplayable if you cant upgrade the weapons, and i assume many people wont find out that they can press on the lower left.
Will fix the buttons..
to get back to Wild - click on detail line, then pop the keyboard and type "w' (may need to type it twice)
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Been waiting for this one! Thank you for making it universal! It is the one of the best schmup!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Oh wow, awesome!

At risk of repeating what's already been said, Tyrian is the best shoot'em'up ever and has one of the best game soundtracks ever made. I can't wait to play it again at a size more worthy of its greatness.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Hmmm? Tyrian's no longer in the app store?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callandor View Post
Hmmm? Tyrian's no longer in the app store?
Yes... Tyrian was pulled yesterday, right after the latest update was rejected..
We are still trying to find out the reasons... Presumably, apple did not like the fact the the data files contain .exe files. They assumed that the game is being emulated on the device, which is not true, as evident from the source code..

We are trying to sort this out... Meanwhile get the lite version, which is still available
Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilainteractive View Post
Yes... Tyrian was pulled yesterday, right after the latest update was rejected..
We are still trying to find out the reasons... Presumably, apple did not like the fact the the data files contain .exe files. They assumed that the game is being emulated on the device, which is not true, as evident from the source code..

We are trying to sort this out... Meanwhile get the lite version, which is still available
I hope the put it back soon. This is one one of the best shmups!