Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Medici HD (designed by Reiner Knizia) ($5.99 -> $3.99)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=63322

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-06-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: iPhone version link
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Bought. Just starting to get into these games.

I have only played one game but it is fantastic. I won't explain the game because I'm sure I would butcher the rules. It is basically an auction type game with six players. AI will fill in the spots not used by human players. You then select a character and can name the human players.

Basically you break open boxes and then bid in the contents. Depending on the turn order you may have a stronger or weaker bidding position. Items have vaules and bonuses and there are three rounds of play.

Game is pretty easy to play but there is a lot of strategy that I have yet to figure out. Graphics are okay, gameplay is excellent. Very fun game.

I did have a crash to home but rebooted and have had no issues.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 07-28-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Does it track any sort of statistics/highscores for the player?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Does it track any sort of statistics/highscores for the player?
Not that I saw. Scores are visible throughout the game and points are gained at the end of each day. After day three totals are done the winner is highlighted.

It would be great if a top ten best players/scores could be kept. Although in a way it is like playing most board games, if you win, it doesn't really matter by how much. But I do agree it would be a nice touch.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Not that I saw. Scores are visible throughout the game and points are gained at the end of each day. After day three totals are done the winner is highlighted.

It would be great if a top ten best players/scores could be kept. Although in a way it is like playing most board games, if you win, it doesn't really matter by how much. But I do agree it would be a nice touch.
How many different opponents are there to choose from and is there an option to have the computer choose them for me? Like I just choose I want a game vs. Medium AI, and the computer picks some opponents for me at random?

I'd really love it if they did something akin to Carcassonne ranking system even with the AI so you can prove your statistical DOMINANCE over your AI opponents (the ones I plan to play against primarily as a non-social gamer) and can even see their win/loss ratios in games played on your system.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How many different opponents are there to choose from and is there an option to have the computer choose them for me? Like I just choose I want a game vs. Medium AI, and the computer picks some opponents for me at random?

I'd really love it if they did something akin to Carcassonne ranking system even with the AI so you can prove your statistical DOMINANCE over your AI opponents (the ones I plan to play against primarily as a non-social gamer) and can even see their win/loss ratios in games played on your system.
Nine computer players ranging from one star to five stars in difficulty. You need three total players to play a game.

No auto select but it is as simple as touching the boat and then touching the players face. Set up for a game only takes seconds unless you are playing with humans, because everyone would want to add there name. Still wouldn't take long.

I still get a crash from time to time but not during a game. I will send the dev a note.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Very nice game. Simple, clean implementation.

Too soon to tell after 2 games how challenging the AI is, but my initial impressions are that it gives a good game.

I am also getting crashes. Happens most often during player selection.

I would like to be able to create a profile. It is weird playing as an AI picture.

Also I'd like the player selections I make to default to the next game, So I don't have to enter them each time.

I also agree with those above that the game absolutely needs some stats. I would like to track my average score and average position as well a with the AIs. A ranking system like Carcassonne would be also very nice. Carcassonne has really set the bar for board game adaptions.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarsonx View Post
Very nice game. Simple, clean implementation.

Too soon to tell after 2 games how challenging the AI is, but my initial impressions are that it gives a good game.

I am also getting crashes. Happens most often during player selection.

I would like to be able to create a profile. It is weird playing as an AI picture.

Also I'd like the player selections I make to default to the next game, So I don't have to enter them each time.

I also agree with those above that the game absolutely needs some stats. I would like to track my average score and average position as well a with the AIs. A ranking system like Carcassonne would be also very nice. Carcassonne has really set the bar for board game adaptions.
Yes, the crashes seem to happen on the player select screen, not every time though. Stats would be a great addition.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

I can get the game to crash just about every time by selecting one player, then touching anywhere on the player selection screen that is not an input to something.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Also if you tap HELP then tap on top of the index on Scoring Goods link up opens Good Reader showing you all contents of Medici.app. Hmmm .so far I am loving it though.

I think it'd be nice to display the scoring depending on how many players so one needn't look at help file for that scoring table for values of ships.

For instance it would show like left side VERTICALLY by that arrow and settings button
for 3 player game

or if in a 5 player game