★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The future of Epic Citadel

09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
The future of Epic Citadel

Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.
I also like that idea!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

09-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Yeah that's a good idea. It would be a nice puzzle game, with no enemies, no quests, no killing. Just hidden objects/areas and maybe some puzzles to solve.

Hakuna Matata
09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yeah that's a good idea. It would be a nice puzzle game, with no enemies, no quests, no killing. Just hidden objects/areas and maybe some puzzles to solve.
Maybe, something similar to myst albeit more less puzzling. I want something relaxing and at the same time exciting. Something like iClouds (which i believe isn't in the app store anymore)

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-07-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm happy to just wander around and find cool stuff, make an in game diary of pictures and notes. Maybe find a virtual wifey. Hahaha

Invaders Must Die.
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah, would be nice to have a world where you could do whatever you want. It could be a gta-like game mechanic (free roaming and interactive objects) except the killing and stuff.

add me on PSN = uranium65
09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Finally installed it, and damn does it look pretty!! Totally had an Oblivion feel to it.
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.
09-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider25 View Post
Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.
The full game will be coming out sometime this holiday, from Apple's keynote

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider25 View Post

I still haven't seen that video, I'm going to spend some time catching up.

Invaders Must Die.