Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
coconutbowling coconutbowling is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,192
Default The future of Epic Citadel

Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
songbird songbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.
I also like that idea!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 PM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Even though it's just a tech demo, I really love the feeling of just wandering. No plot, no purpose, just to go wherever and experience the surroundings. I know people are wanting a full game with the unreal engine, but who else thinks that just a vast open world would be fun to wander through. I would love to visit a virtual detailed city or forest or cave. (and hidden areas for fun) Maybe I'm just crazy but I really hope a dev decides to do this.
Yeah that's a good idea. It would be a nice puzzle game, with no enemies, no quests, no killing. Just hidden objects/areas and maybe some puzzles to solve.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
coconutbowling coconutbowling is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yeah that's a good idea. It would be a nice puzzle game, with no enemies, no quests, no killing. Just hidden objects/areas and maybe some puzzles to solve.
Maybe, something similar to myst albeit more less puzzling. I want something relaxing and at the same time exciting. Something like iClouds (which i believe isn't in the app store anymore)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2010, 06:14 AM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

I'm happy to just wander around and find cool stuff, make an in game diary of pictures and notes. Maybe find a virtual wifey. Hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
runformoney1110 runformoney1110 is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In your closet
Posts: 2,702
Default

Yeah, would be nice to have a world where you could do whatever you want. It could be a gta-like game mechanic (free roaming and interactive objects) except the killing and stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
d1 d1 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,691
Default

Finally installed it, and damn does it look pretty!! Totally had an Oblivion feel to it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
KnightRider25 KnightRider25 is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 90
Default

Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM
ShadowsFall ShadowsFall is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TA 09'
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider25 View Post
Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.
The full game will be coming out sometime this holiday, from Apple's keynote
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
sammysin sammysin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider25 View Post
Man, I saw the Demo from the Apple Event and the battle system looks freaking awesome!

While this is a Tech Demo, I wonder how will it run when they put characters in it.
I still haven't seen that video, I'm going to spend some time catching up.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent