Support our Sponsors:

Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 AM
iPad

Default Pizza Boy

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/07/pi...ed-platformer/
Quote:

Let us present the marvellous world of a Pizza Boy!

A thief has stolen the pizza present! Oh no! You are forced to chase it through levels filled with threats and dangers but to your advantage you can throw bottles of soda. Watch out for evil birds and furious dogs while you collect pizza slices and strawberries in a yummy mix. And don’t forget to keep an eye out for lost kittens on your way ahead. In miraculous surroundings Pizza Boy is a true retro game sensation.

Hurry and get it back before it runs cold!

Features:

# New school retro graphics
The unique graphic design truly is a joy for the eye.
With an arsenal of graphics including well over 50 different objects together with super detailed levels and backgrounds, Pizza Boy's visual presentation truly stands out.

# "Smart touch system"
A brand new "Smart Touch System" was developed to establish completely reliable simulated buttons.

As a result of this invention it will never feels like the game controls are sticky or unresponsive, which can happen on a number of other touch based simulated buttons.

# Music and sound effect
With distinct inspiration from Chiptunes and Electronica the music sounds like your favourite retro game and even better.

7 different tracks and more than 15 sound effects were created to always provide a compelling sound imagery for your gameplay experience, all through the game.

Listen to the soundtrack at:
http://soundcloud.com/andreaslof/sets/pizza-boy-music

# Storyline
The story of Pizza Boy is told in beautifully drawn comic strips and trough game animation.

#The World of Pizza Boy
Pizza Boy contains about 30 minutes of hand crafted platform levels, each with its own puzzles, challenges, secrets and obstacles.

The world is divided into 3 beautiful themes that you will discover as progressing through the different levels.

There is always something new and exciting to jump on in Pizza Boy, one more unpredictable than the other.

# Over 40 different enemies, obstacles and items
# Collectibles and unlocks on all levels
# Offline, online, Facebook and Twitter highscores
# Epic boss fight
# iOS 4.0 multitask support
# Runs great on all iPhones and iPod touches including iPhone 2G and 3G
# Supports both left and right landscape orientation

Pizza Boy is a complete platform experience!
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pizza-boy/id389318128?mt=8
TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/07/pi...ed-platformer/

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: TA review link
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

The beard alone makes me want this. Impressions? Whenever some gets around to picking it up that is
Old 09-07-2010, 02:57 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Instabuy for my - only because of the graphics - impressions follow later
Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I have to say that this game is surprisingly good.

On load up the first thing I notice is that the screen flips. Most devs take the "cheap" way out by just flipping the graphics which means Iphone users get our Push and SMS notifications upside down but that's not the case with Pizza Boy.

It's one of those little things that I consider a mark of quality.

I've been through the Tutorial and the First Stage so far. Controls are spot on which they need to be on a platformer like this. Aside from the normal running and jumping on enemies you can also throw one of your limited supply of soda bottles. You can collect more by stomping on soda machines (genius) but you'll want to save as many as you can since they add to your level score (which you can tweet or post to facebook)

Each stage requires you make it to the end in a limited time while collecting strawberries (100 get you a 1up), Collecting the letters P-I-Z-Z-A, Collecting slices of pizza, Saving a kitten then returning it to a girl, and Stomping enemies.

So far I've only heard one music track which I really like but I do hope there is a new one as you change worlds

Last edited by VeganTnT; 09-07-2010 at 06:09 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 06:54 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post

On load up the first thing I notice is that the screen flips. Most devs take the "cheap" way out by just flipping the graphics which means Iphone users get our Push and SMS notifications upside down but that's not the case with Pizza Boy.

I've been through the Tutorial and the First Stage so far. Controls are spot on which they need to be on a platformer like this. Aside from the normal running and jumping on enemies you can also throw one of your limited supply of soda bottles. You can collect more by stomping on soda machines (genius) but you'll want to save as many as you can since they add to your level score (which you can tweet or post to facebook)

Each stage requires you make it to the end in a limited time while collecting strawberries (100 get you a 1up), Collecting the letters P-I-Z-Z-A, Collecting slices of pizza, Saving a kitten then returning it to a girl, and Stomping enemies.

So far I've only heard one music track which I really like but I do hope there is a new one as you change worlds
does it have a mario like feel to it?by your review that's what i think of
Old 09-07-2010, 07:03 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I agree with everything VeganTnT wrote and yes it does have a nice oldschool mario like feel to it, gameplay video if you wanna see it in action

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM

Lovely pixel style!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:

Just played through the tutorial level and I have to agree. The style is retro without feeling dated, the controls are spot on, great framerate and animation, and from the description it sounds line there's plenty of content. A very polished effort, with the potential to be one of the best platformers in the App Store. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with this one.

@randomisthehero: definitely a Mario feel, but it does have it's own personality as well (love jumping on soda machines to get ammo) and, unlike other attempts at Nintendo vibe, this doesn't feel (so far) like a stripped down homage.

Last edited by squarezero; 09-07-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 07:20 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomisthehero View Post
does it have a mario like feel to it?by your review that's what i think of
It definitely does. The jump button is even sensitive to how long you press it which allows tiny jumps and high jumps.

Stage 1-3 is even a scrolling level so you get that instant nostalgia factor.

Now that I've passed to world 2 I can also confirm that it has a new track in the background.

If anyone is interested in 2d scrollers or retro inspired games I'd recommend checking it out. But be aware that the game is only 3 worlds long and the devs state that the game is only about 30 minutes long.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
It definitely does. The jump button is even sensitive to how long you press it which allows tiny jumps and high jumps.

Stage 1-3 is even a scrolling level so you get that instant nostalgia factor.

Now that I've passed to world 2 I can also confirm that it has a new track in the background.

If anyone is interested in 2d scrollers or retro inspired games I'd recommend checking it out. But be aware that the game is only 3 worlds long and the devs state that the game is only about 30 minutes long.
lol such a shame! 30 minutes long...the shortest game on the appstore for $1.99...can't understand this