Hi Touch Arcade,

The game is simple:
  • Build Nuclear Missiles
  • Nuke Friends and enemies
  • ...that's really about it

Our idea is this:
  • Go to http://new.code-monkeys.com/nd
  • Enter the promo code: TchArc11985 and get Get 100 Free credits
  • Beat the tar out of the system and tell us about any bugs you find or how we can make it better.

Still Interested?

We've been working on bringing this old school play-by-mail(PBM) game called Nuclear Destruction to the iPhone and iPad and we just started our open beta period to bang the kinks out - and we could use your help.

This game is a tongue-in-cheeck look at the war-craziness of teh 50's and the original (in PBM form) has been played constantly for over 40 YEARS! and is still a huge hit at card and board game conferences. We're excited to see it being updated for today.

This is a turn based game played with other people, against AIs, or a mix of both.

We'll be launching this on iPhone and iPad when the beta closes and we feel like the engine is solid. After that, we'll be planning on expanding since the game is basically all web-based but one thing at a time.

There are more screenshots of the game here if you want them: http://new.code-monkeys.com/pbw_portal/about_nd.cfm
Just be advised - this IS a beta. Thee are bound to be some bugs and you should know that going in. We previewed this thing at PAX over the weekend and it's already brought up a series of things that needed to be reworked or fixed - this will be beta 1.2 if you will.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Code Monkeys, like that well known t.v. show Code Monkeys?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Sounds interesting !
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Ha! I'm sure nobody will believe this but Code-Monkeys was incorporated back in 2000 or something when the term was still an insiders jab inside IT departments - but yes, the name is just like the TV show and that AWESOME song from John Coulton.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code-Monkeys View Post
Ha! I'm sure nobody will believe this but Code-Monkeys was incorporated back in 2000 or something when the term was still an insiders jab inside IT departments - but yes, the name is just like the TV show and that AWESOME song from John Coulton.
How similar is this to the classic "Nuclear War" card game? Count me in, especially if it's planned for online multiplayer!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Nuclear Destruction is Flying Buffalo's play by mail game. It has a lot in common with their card game Nuclear War but they aren't exactly the same.

That said, if we get any traction on this game here (read: make any money) we're hoping to port several FB games to this platform.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Oh - and I forgot to answer your other question. It is definitely made for on-line multiplayer. Its the human element that makes the game really fun. Yeah, we added some AI so people could play alone if they wanted to but really its the alliances and backstabbing that adds zest.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code-Monkeys View Post
Oh - and I forgot to answer your other question. It is definitely made for on-line multiplayer. Its the human element that makes the game really fun. Yeah, we added some AI so people could play alone if they wanted to but really its the alliances and backstabbing that adds zest.
Sounds great Put me down as "insta-buy"
Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

So yhea, don't try accessing game when not using an ipod, wont work... Don't even try registering, looks good though. ill be sure to try it when I get home.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooks View Post
So yhea, don't try accessing game when not using an ipod, wont work... Don't even try registering, looks good though. ill be sure to try it when I get home.
Hey Shooks - so are you saying you found a bug...in your browser? We're playing it here via browsers on desktops, the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad.

It would mean a lot to me if you could tell me what you're seeing (or not seeing) since that's what beta is all about.