Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 AM
iPad

Default Gamebook Adventures 3: Slaves of Rema - by Tin Man Games

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 09-13-2010 at 02:44 AM..
Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wow! $2.99? It must be an intro price? Counting the hours until the next in my favorite Gamebook series hits the US store!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:45 AM

I wonder if this game, along with the first 2 games in the series, has been optimized for the iPad, or if that is still coming in a future release.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

yeah !!! grats Tin Man !
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 AM

One thing is for sure, I'm buying this as soon as it is available in the U.S. store. I mean, just look at the artwork in these screenshots. I feel a lot better supporting a small developer who produces a superb and original content, than I do sending my money to a large developer like EA, Rock Star, Activision, Gameloft, etc.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase23 View Post
One thing is for sure, I'm buying this as soon as it is available in the U.S. store. I mean, just look at the artwork in these screenshots. I feel a lot better supporting a small developer who produces a superb and original content, than I do sending my money to a large developer like EA, Rock Star, Activision, Gameloft, etc.
True...this is one team that I feel I will always support as long as they maintain the quality. Frankly it has less to do with their status as indies, and more to do with the quality and originality of their product. I think it's great that the FF series is being ported as well, but the fact that The Tin Man is making new products specifically for the device is exciting to me and I feel deserves my consumer support. I also love that they are fleshing out a large and complex fantasy environment complete with histories and maps.

And yeah, I'm absolutely loving that artwork. Looks to me like the best so far, stylistically (which is simply a matter of personal taste, perhaps). Anyway, seeing that has me really excited.

Oh, and as for the iPad optimization...I could be wrong but my belief is that it will be coming in the future sometime. But hopefully the dev can clarify on that point.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

What? I haven't even finished the previous one! Of course, that could be because I have too many different games I switch between and GA2 hasn't gotten the attention from me it should. Still - instant purchase once it hits the US store.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase23 View Post
I wonder if this game, along with the first 2 games in the series, has been optimized for the iPad, or if that is still coming in a future release.
No native iPad support, unfortunately; however, now all parts support the iPhone4 / iPT4 retina display.

Does anyone know if / when the authors release an Universal upgrade? Now that the titles are all sold at $3 (as opposed to $5), I'd take the plunge if I knew there's a free Universal upgrade coming. (Not otherwise as I don't play iPhone games any more, only native iPad ones.)
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
iPhone 3G

hey everyone!

I know this is against the rules to post this here, but maybe the moderators will let this one slide.

I do have 2 codes for GameBook Adventures 2,

and

2 codes for Gamebook Adventures 3!

I dont have any interest in these apps.

They are going to expire very soon.

PM me and we can work something out.

EDIT: ALL GONE! SORRY GUYS!

Last edited by starmonkey101; 09-12-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys View Post
No native iPad support, unfortunately; however, now all parts support the iPhone4 / iPT4 retina display.

Does anyone know if / when the authors release an Universal upgrade? Now that the titles are all sold at $3 (as opposed to $5), I'd take the plunge if I knew there's a free Universal upgrade coming. (Not otherwise as I don't play iPhone games any more, only native iPad ones.)
Took the plunge and bought the first two episodes. The text is pixelizated - but the artwork, when maximized (!), isn't. That is, if you are afraid of not being able to see the artwork in its (retina) glory, don't be afraid - the iPad renders it beautifully, just like on the new-generation small-screen iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4G.