★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kismik
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 53.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (6)
App description: Help Be Square (aka Be2, aka "The Dot") get rid of those nasty paddles and escape the dreadful world of Pingland. Guide Be2 through mazes, moving platforms, roller-coasters rides, mysterious puzzles and more. Experience new lifestyles and play-styles. Collect all bonuses and unlock all achievements

And remember: live free or die!

---- SUMMARY ----

In this highly confidential document we describe what we have found so far about the rules of Pingland. Your mission is to lead the "white dot" the fastest you can through the obstacles that show up in Pingland. On your way you will find many obstacles: dumb and smart paddles, invisible bars, moving platforms, attractive and repulsive items, sliding doors, stretching figures, puzzles, labyrinths, dungeons and so on. The laws of gravity and motion can change anywhere, anytime. It's your ability to discover the tricks on the way and avoid them as well as catching the bonuses. You are given a limited amount of time to complete each level. The fastest you overcome the obstacles the highest your score gets.

---- CONTROLS ----

Sliding your finger on the screen will influence the dot's speed and direction. Longer the slide stronger the acceleration applied. Keep touching the screen and you will apply the acceleration continuously. Your ability to influence movement can be limited on a screen by screen basis. Sometimes you can influence movement vertically or horizontally only. Check the HUD (Head Up Display) for the available modes. For faster accelerations you can use the turbo mode: slide with two fingers. But remember that the turbo mode is available for a limited time.

---- INTELLIGENCE ----

Our field agents have collected useful information regarding the Pingland surveillance system known as "OpenFeint". We have reports of global and local score tracking and a special achievements lock/unlock sub-system.

---- CONCLUSIONS ----

Be fast, be smart, BE SQUARE!

goiMot's comments:

09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Looks interesting.

09-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode
interesting but...
the control mechanics on a screen by screen basis seem to be a headache judging from the video.
the artwork is distinct though.

Pix n Love Rush had at least some consistency.
From the description I am not sure about this one. Invisible Barriers -
just what I needed.

I am waiting for TOFTers.

- GameCenter: dyscoder
- the (nearly) ultimate intel HD Graphics 3000 game performance sheet - Contributers welcome

Last edited by dyscode; 09-22-2010 at 12:26 AM.
09-22-2010, 04:21 AM
This looks interesting and full of potential. It is completely beyond me why the devs would choose to price themselves out of the competition by charging $3 for it.
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Upcoming news

Hi everybody,

I am one of the developers of Be2. I want to inform you that we have just submitted a new version of the game with:

- Easy and Danger game modes
- Some level difficulty fixes.

We are also working on:

- Game challenges (time and score) between OpenFeint players
- Game center integration
- New levels
- iPad support with an universal version

And thank you for all suggestions, comments and critics.

Bye!
09-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiob View Post
Hi everybody,

I am one of the developers of Be2. I want to inform you that we have just submitted a new version of the game with:

- Easy and Danger game modes
- Some level difficulty fixes.

We are also working on:

- Game challenges (time and score) between OpenFeint players
- Game center integration
- New levels
- iPad support with an universal version

And thank you for all suggestions, comments and critics.

Bye!

Glad to hear this will be universal. I think this game really needs a lite version. It looks great but it is very hard to tell what the gameplay is really like.
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Glad to hear this will be universal. I think this game really needs a lite version. It looks great but it is very hard to tell what the gameplay is really like.
Think PONG + Ragdoll Cannon.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Think PONG + Ragdoll Cannon.
Okay, that sounds interesting but does it work well?
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I found the gameplay to be just what I expected from the video. It did take me 3-4 times of watching the video to feel like I understood it though.

Bottom line? It's a great game from what I've seen so far. Control comes with a learning curve, but once you get it it becomes intuitive and precise. Any frustration (and there is definitely some, once you get through the first few levels) is definitely to do more with the level design.

Thing is though, I saw more imagination and heart in the first half hour of play here, than I have in probably the last 50 games I've tried, collectively.

I still think objectively the game is priced poorly and that that will cause it to be unduly ignored, but I've not the slightest regret about parting with my $4 AUD personally.
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I found the gameplay to be just what I expected from the video. It did take me 3-4 times of watching the video to feel like I understood it though.

Bottom line? It's a great game from what I've seen so far. Control comes with a learning curve, but once you get it it becomes intuitive and precise. Any frustration (and there is definitely some, once you get through the first few levels) is definitely to do more with the level design.

Thing is though, I saw more imagination and heart in the first half hour of play here, than I have in probably the last 50 games I've tried, collectively.

I still think objectively the game is priced poorly and that that will cause it to be unduly ignored, but I've not the slightest regret about parting with my $4 AUD personally.
Wow! The way you feel about our game makes me really happy! Thank you!

It really surprised me what you can achieve by just turning around the way you look at a classic game and how many new possibilities become available.

You will find that almost all levels are a different kind of game on its own, but with the same control mechanics.

And all levels will bring on a story that is an homage to a more famous prisoner (that, by coincidence, was also a contemporary of hour square hero) and with a mesmerizing finale

Remember that 3042 is not a number!