Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 AM

Default Chillingo's Space Bikers is Out ($0.99)

it just came out. the graphics seem a bit iffy and childish but it could be fun. anybody wanna TOFTT?

[App Store Link, $0.99]

Quote:
Space Bikers is a 3D Platform Bike Simulation game in an enlarged world!

Your Space Biker has crash landed on Earth and it’s your job to help get them back home to space! Guide your miniature character through various obstacles and puzzles to collect the parts for your damaged Spaceship.

Space Bikers uses an advanced physics engine just like in hit game Bike or Die 2 to maneuver your bike through the detailed levels you encounter, all with a country style music tracks to ride to! Watch the story unfold - will your Space Biker make it home?

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 03-11-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 03:31 AM

cool might check this out
Old 03-11-2009, 03:32 AM

Purchased!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
it just came out. the graphics seem a bit iffy and childish but it could be fun. anybody wanna TOFTT?
I'm d/l now...

You're quick, I was searching for the old thread, happened to look and you made one

And yeah, we'll consider this a temporary TOFTT by a non-member
Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
Purchased!
I'm getting ready to try, the more I look at the appstore desc. I kind of think we got the kiddie version of BOD 2 (which I own)
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 AM

It's fun. The menus are well done (polished) and the control system is intuitive enough. The physics seem fairly well-balanced and the models aren't quite as fragile as the BoD2 models ...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:48 AM

gah always takes extra time to come to the swedish store!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:59 AM

Ok only played 10 mins but like it quite a bit. For those who like Bike or Die 2 they will absolutely guaranteed HATE this one. This way too easy for those hardcore masochists. Anyway for me this has fun gameplay. You can choose 3 characters like one due has a motorcycle, chick has like an ATV. Anyway you collect 6 golfballs or 6 cherries for instance to clear the level. You can adjust the controls in options to anywhere on screen you wish just like in Bike or Die 2. For tilt of bike press left or right OR use accelerometer which actually works pretty decent. You have lots of suspension. Dying does occur when your get clipped at the neck for instance. But you can jump down from pretty high and land it without crotch remorse. Overall I like this and brings back memories to the game I played in 1998 or 1999 on windows. Wish I could remember what it was called I couldn't find it amongst all the dirt bike flash games so will still search.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
Purchased!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
It's fun. The menus are well done (polished) and the control system is intuitive enough. The physics seem fairly well-balanced and the models aren't quite as fragile as the BoD2 models ...
agreed. I think for $.99, this is what the ones who said to make BOD 2 easier, more "realistic" were wanting. The control layout is very similar. (besides buttons, there is accelerometer controls avail.) the tracks have interactive pieces such as boards, bricks, toy ball etc... The best thing in my opinion are the graphics. They are bright, vivid and "crisp". The whole feel is reminissant of Stuart Little, a bit "kiddie" but in a way Bugdom tried to achieve.

I think I still like BOD 2 better, but then I am a diehard of that game. I don't regret my TOFTT, and I'm sure my $.99 was well utillized.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Overall I like this and brings back memories to the game I played in 1998 or 1999 on windows. Wish I could remember what it was called I couldn't find it amongst all the dirt bike flash games so will still search.
Elastomania was released in 2000, but that was THE motorbike game.

Closed Thread