Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
goiMot goiMot is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,095
Default Demon Hunter - The Return of The Wings


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:21 PM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

I really wanna toftt, but I have to much on my plate at the moment. That and I am sick of getting burned on the rpgs that have so much potential but end up being crummy ports.

Anyone else? Squarezero?


I am still tempted but I won't be able to till at least tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I really wanna toftt, but I have to much on my plate at the moment. That and I am sick of getting burned on the rpgs that have so much potential but end up being crummy ports.

Anyone else? Squarezero?


I am still tempted but I won't be able to till at least tomorrow.
I need to see video on these sort of Korean cellphone ports. I'm sick of picking up games that move like molasses.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 PM
radchad1 radchad1 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I need to see video on these sort of Korean cellphone ports. I'm sick of picking up games that move like molasses.
How about games that require you to grind a crap load due to lack of a long story in the game? I'm really getting turned off to these types of games as the grinding just to progress in these types of games is getting out of hand. What made Chaos Rings so good was the story was pretty long and required very little grinding. What destroyed Zenonia 2 was the grinding the game required on top of that being level 30 took like 100000+ exp to get to the next level.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
How about games that require you to grind a crap load due to lack of a long story in the game? I'm really getting turned off to these types of games as the grinding just to progress in these types of games is getting out of hand. What made Chaos Rings so good was the story was pretty long and required very little grinding. What destroyed Zenonia 2 was the grinding the game required on top of that being level 30 took like 100000+ exp to get to the next level.
I can deal with some grinding, if the actual combat and overall gameplay is engaging and fun. But when it becomes rinse/repeat (like in Zenonia 1, less so on Zenonia 2), I kind of just check out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 PM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I can deal with some grinding, if the actual combat and overall gameplay is engaging and fun. But when it becomes rinse/repeat (like in Zenonia 1, less so on Zenonia 2), I kind of just check out.
I am gonna eat dinner and watch Its Always Sunny.... will pick it up and let you know after that. I like the concept but it better not move like Legend of Master N.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Worth the buck so far. Heck the menu / options screen alone showed more polish than over half of the jrpgs I have seen on i devices. It may be a port, but the controls are done well, it is visually fluid and the speed isn't even turned up all the way. The jumping effect is kind of cool, your character leaves a visual trail of himself while jumping. Attack animations are solid looking. Menu is very in depth but easier to navigate then say, Zenonia. Translation doesn't appear to be off at all. The controls appear to be small in the screen shots but there is a option to increase the keypad size in the options.

I am actually impressed. I have only had a few seconds to mess with it. But there appears to be a great deal of info to digest and variations of play style, judging from the menu. It looks like there are different skill trees and if I am understanding things right, different souls do different things as well. The story is very vague and I am not sure if the title implies that this is a sequel. But it leaves a lot of interpretation and mystery in the beginning. Its kind of like playing a manga storyline so far.


Anyways.... I haven't touched it much, but I am feeling pretty safe in saying that this is worth the buck it cost at the moment. And if the network play options work like they say, this one will have some legs. Its jumping out at me more than the Hybrids did and (which it is more similar too) Maple Story.

Do not get if you do not have WIFI or 3G. The game requires a network synch to begin playing. It only takes it once, but still required.



*edit the first quest has you going out and collecting iron from a mineral node. It appears that there is crafting in this game as well.

I was just messing with the combat originally... I am definitely feeling safer in vouching for this already.

Last edited by jsrco; 10-28-2010 at 11:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Mafia Princess Mafia Princess is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Auction house? This isn't a MMORPG though
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 PM
sdmiracle sdmiracle is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 813
Default

this graphic reminds me castlevania. Is it something like that?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
jsrco jsrco is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia Princess View Post
Auction house? This isn't a MMORPG though
Ya, but you can sell items and souls that you get. I haven't hit that part yet so I am only guessing as too what kind of network play there will be involved. Zenonia 2 allowed you to mail other players items and such. Might be just the next thing to it.


It does play similarly to Castlevania. The jump button is next to the attack you move similar to Soma.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent