Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Demon Hunter - The Return of The Wings

Old 10-28-2010, 09:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I really wanna toftt, but I have to much on my plate at the moment. That and I am sick of getting burned on the rpgs that have so much potential but end up being crummy ports.

Anyone else? Squarezero?

I am still tempted but I won't be able to till at least tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I really wanna toftt, but I have to much on my plate at the moment. That and I am sick of getting burned on the rpgs that have so much potential but end up being crummy ports.

Anyone else? Squarezero?

I am still tempted but I won't be able to till at least tomorrow.
I need to see video on these sort of Korean cellphone ports. I'm sick of picking up games that move like molasses.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I need to see video on these sort of Korean cellphone ports. I'm sick of picking up games that move like molasses.
How about games that require you to grind a crap load due to lack of a long story in the game? I'm really getting turned off to these types of games as the grinding just to progress in these types of games is getting out of hand. What made Chaos Rings so good was the story was pretty long and required very little grinding. What destroyed Zenonia 2 was the grinding the game required on top of that being level 30 took like 100000+ exp to get to the next level.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
How about games that require you to grind a crap load due to lack of a long story in the game? I'm really getting turned off to these types of games as the grinding just to progress in these types of games is getting out of hand. What made Chaos Rings so good was the story was pretty long and required very little grinding. What destroyed Zenonia 2 was the grinding the game required on top of that being level 30 took like 100000+ exp to get to the next level.
I can deal with some grinding, if the actual combat and overall gameplay is engaging and fun. But when it becomes rinse/repeat (like in Zenonia 1, less so on Zenonia 2), I kind of just check out.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I can deal with some grinding, if the actual combat and overall gameplay is engaging and fun. But when it becomes rinse/repeat (like in Zenonia 1, less so on Zenonia 2), I kind of just check out.
I am gonna eat dinner and watch Its Always Sunny.... will pick it up and let you know after that. I like the concept but it better not move like Legend of Master N.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Worth the buck so far. Heck the menu / options screen alone showed more polish than over half of the jrpgs I have seen on i devices. It may be a port, but the controls are done well, it is visually fluid and the speed isn't even turned up all the way. The jumping effect is kind of cool, your character leaves a visual trail of himself while jumping. Attack animations are solid looking. Menu is very in depth but easier to navigate then say, Zenonia. Translation doesn't appear to be off at all. The controls appear to be small in the screen shots but there is a option to increase the keypad size in the options.

I am actually impressed. I have only had a few seconds to mess with it. But there appears to be a great deal of info to digest and variations of play style, judging from the menu. It looks like there are different skill trees and if I am understanding things right, different souls do different things as well. The story is very vague and I am not sure if the title implies that this is a sequel. But it leaves a lot of interpretation and mystery in the beginning. Its kind of like playing a manga storyline so far.

Anyways.... I haven't touched it much, but I am feeling pretty safe in saying that this is worth the buck it cost at the moment. And if the network play options work like they say, this one will have some legs. Its jumping out at me more than the Hybrids did and (which it is more similar too) Maple Story.

Do not get if you do not have WIFI or 3G. The game requires a network synch to begin playing. It only takes it once, but still required.

*edit the first quest has you going out and collecting iron from a mineral node. It appears that there is crafting in this game as well.

I was just messing with the combat originally... I am definitely feeling safer in vouching for this already.

Last edited by jsrco; 10-28-2010 at 11:08 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Auction house? This isn't a MMORPG though
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

this graphic reminds me castlevania. Is it something like that?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia Princess View Post
Auction house? This isn't a MMORPG though
Ya, but you can sell items and souls that you get. I haven't hit that part yet so I am only guessing as too what kind of network play there will be involved. Zenonia 2 allowed you to mail other players items and such. Might be just the next thing to it.

It does play similarly to Castlevania. The jump button is next to the attack you move similar to Soma.