App description: Critical acclaim for RAGE:

This is the best looking game on iPhone . . . an addictive arcade experience 1UP

The pacing here is swift and intense and the gruesome graphics are bloody amazing. The sound design is totally gripping . . . MSNBC.com

Mutant Bash TV is a stunning game, loaded with over-the-top violence. IGN

RAGE comes to your mobile device with the hit of the wastelands, Mutant Bash TV! This intense first-person rail shooter casts you in the starring role of a post-apocalyptic game show where youll be stalked by hungry mutants while you scour pulse-pounding levels for ammo and cash pick-ups. Make a deal with J.K Stiles, the shows menacing host, and see if you have what it takes to survive this carnage-filled carnival of death!

Note: RAGE HD with even higher resolution textures also now available on iTunes for the iPhone 4, iPod 4 and the iPad.

KEY FEATURES
Created specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad . . . experience the post-apocalyptic mayhem of the RAGE universe for the first time!

Arm yourself with a pistol, shotgun or machine gun, and battle your way through three levels - the mutant-infested Tenements, the lunatic-ridden Asylum and the not so-abandoned Bunker.

Perform hit-streaks and pick up Bash Bux to increase your performance as you make your way through the action-packed levels, each with four degrees of difficulty.

Complete Mutant Bash TV challenges and replay levels to beat your top score.

Experience high resolution graphics coupled with dynamic music and sound effects.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
EDIT: John Carmack chimed in and here's how you should decide which version to buy. If you have a..
  • iPad or 4th gen iPod/iPhone - Get the Rage HD version for sure. Non HD will work too (even on the iPad as thats also a universal app) but the graphics will be blurry.
  • 3rd gen iPod/iPhone - Both versions will work but the HD version wont run as smoothly as the Non HD version. But if you plan to upgrade to 4th Gen device or an iPad soon, HD version will be the best value for you.
  • Older devices - SD version it is. HD wont even download on anything below 3rd gen so there isnt even a choice.
http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/17/ra...mment-98511991
RAGE
US $0.99 (for old gen devices)

======================================

RAGE HD
US $1.99 (for iPad, Retina enabled iPhone/iPod)

iPad ScreenShot

Retina ScreenShot

[/indent]
Quote:
EDIT: John Carmack chimed in and here's how you should decide which version to buy. If you have a..
  • iPad or 4th gen iPod/iPhone - Get the Rage HD version for sure. Non HD will work too (even on the iPad as thats also a universal app) but the graphics will be blurry.
  • 3rd gen iPod/iPhone - Both versions will work but the HD version wont run as smoothly as the Non HD version. But if you plan to upgrade to 4th Gen device or an iPad soon, HD version will be the best value for you.
  • Older devices - SD version it is. HD wont even download on anything below 3rd gen so there isnt even a choice.
http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/17/ra...mment-98511991
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Raged

I need this game, looks awesome.

11-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow, this might be out in the US tonight then!!!

Cannot wait to see this puppy on my iPad and iPod Touch 4G. Here's to hoping they don't explode or overheat from the engine or I'll be experiencing a different kind of Rage!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
11-17-2010, 12:05 PM
wow ... 743 MB !! Looks good and nice price for universal!

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasio_john View Post
wow ... 743 MB !! Looks good and nice price for universal!
Yikes, I'm going to be out of space soon. I have 2.0GB left after caving and downloading FIFA 11 last night, guess I'll be down to just over 1GB after tonight!

It's amazing how quickly 32GB can be gone...

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok this is a stupid question but.....does this game work on the 2nd gen iPod?
11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
I actually have an odd feeling that Carmack is going to eventually release an update to this that expands the gameplay beyond what it already seems to be. The update they gave to Doom Res was one of the best free updates any game received on this platform. It was done pretty low key if I remember correctly. I just think that depending on the popularity of this, they could add some additional game modes, etc. In this case, it may be paid DLC, because of the super cheap price point, but either way, I just have a feeling...

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I won't buy this straight away as if the HD version is better on the 3GS than the standard def one I'd rather get that.

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 TouchArcade contest!
FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Im very excited to see this in action. I think the graphics are really gonna be something special! Hope there is some excellent gibbage too!
ID fires a shot across the bow of Epic?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
So myself having a 3gs I will probably not benefit from the advanced version, correct? Is that one only applicable to Ipad and Iphone4, or does it have slightly enhanced features that would benefit me? I'd pay the extra dollar if that is the case.